1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Do I have room for More???????

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Texaschiclidlover, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Texaschiclidlover

Texaschiclidlover New Member

Hey all. I have a 55 gallon with 3 RB sharks(1-1.5), 2 ARB sharks(2-2.5), 1 reticulated cory( 1 inch) , 1 albino cory(2 inches), 1 tx cichlid (2- 2.5), 2 irridescent sharks (3-3.5). Do i have room for more???????

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

no sorry you have to much as it is

3. Texaschiclidlover

Texaschiclidlover New Member

Really? They are all juvvys and there is alot of hiding places for them and they seem content. Now the Irry Sharks are really for an outdoor pond once they get big enough (i live in south florida). Can't put them in now though, at only three inches they will get eaten fo sho. (Around 12 inch albino channel cats in it now).

4. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

really when you stock a tank you have to look at the adult size of the fish

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are RB and ARB sharks? Rainbow sharks?
    [​IMG]

If that's what they are, you may end up having aggression issues with them. Rainbow & red tailed sharks are highly aggressive towards their own species. It's generally best to just keep one. Having 5 might help spread out the aggression, but I wouldn't count on it.

The cories are fine although they do better in groups of at least 3 with 6 or more being better.

The texas is totally incompatible with the cories and gets around 10" - 12" which means it will fill up the 55 gallon tank all by itself. If you want to keep it, you'll have to get rid of all your other fish.

You really need to deal with your current stocking problems before you even consider adding more fish.

Option A would be to get rid of everything but the texas and keep just it in the 55 (you might still be able to grow the iridescent sharks out a little in there).
    Option B would be to get rid of the texas. Personally, I'd also return all but one of the sharks too, but you can try keeping them and hope they don't kill eachother. The cories will be fine; in fact, I'd add a few more. Then you can add some other fish (I suggest nice schooling fish like tetras or barbs).

-Chelle