1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think these are pure pitts

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by keceip1, Dec 5, 2004.

1. keceip1

keceip1 New Member

I was looking at this web page and wasn't quit sure if these dogs were full blood or not some of there faces look a little saggy. The web site is

[EDIT: PLEASE NOTE, AS REPEATED YET AGAIN POSTING LINKS TO BREEDERS WEBSITES IS NOT PERMITTED ON THESE BOARDS - THANKS MODERATORS]

Also is it possible for some of these people who pass off mixed breeds, mastiffs or american bulldogs to get papers for there dogs as pitt bulls?

2. these dont look like full blooded pits.. but i could be wrong since these dogs are full of muscule, and there ears are cropped it looks like very short.. they kinda looks like fighters from what i've seen on Animal Cops.. because how short their ears are.... but again i could be wrong, but Cane Corso's ears are short like that..

3. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Can u just post some pics from the site, or PM me the site addy.

Yes its very simple for them to get papers thats how they've been doing it all the long, no harder then hanging papers for pure dogs.

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I too would like to see photos and please PM me with the website.

5. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Thx for the PM. I'm going to post a few pics from the site. If thats ok? I think we're allowed to do that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a few. They aren't pure pits at all. The first one looks like some Cane Corso mix and/or maybe some Chevy blood. They all look like they have some sort of mastiff blood in them.

lol they look nothing like fighters, they look like mutts for sure, all of them are big currs. We all know how game those big blue ones are, hehe.

A fighter might look something like this
    [​IMG]
    GR CH @ 58lbs and thats really pushing it because most are UNDER 50lbs in the 30-40lbs range. And they usually have natural ears vs cropped.
    [​IMG]
    Here is another, they look very different from the first set.

Those are some big ugly mutts and in no way pure. Thanks for sharing the site. I bet they make a lot of money selling those currs bred for size, I think they're peddlers for sure. If anything they look like weightpullers but I don't think so this person just breeds them just to breed them.

6. Samsintentions

They defiantely look like a corso mix... maybe some other mastiff influence...

7. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

True, Thanks for posting great examples!!! Awsome dogs!!

8. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Thank you Max. I've been asked to define the term Cur so I'll do the best I can. Cur can be found in the dictionary by a couple different meanings. A cur in the bulldog world is defined as a dog that quits in the pit/is not game. Any other breed other than an APBT is also considered a cur.

So those dogs are definatly curs, they have a lot of mastiff influence.

9. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

A lot of dogmen around here also use it as a term to describe a dog, game or otherwise, that bites people.

10. Samsintentions

The term I've heard used was always used as a "bad" dog. A hunting dog that bites people

11. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Really? It was kind of common belief of some dogmen that all man biters were curs back in the day. But I think most don't believe that anymore, but wouldn't hesitate to call one a cur because they are man biters and culls, they are inferior as dogs and to the breeding program. Thats just my thought on it.

12. keceip1

keceip1 New Member

Thanks for all your input and defining a curr more or less

13. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

Yeah True, Its more of a Euphemism now, than to described one belief about a dogs fighting ability. Though wether a good fighter or not a man biter would have made it impossible to handle in a "sanctioned" fight. Maybe they could have been used to roll another younger up and coming fighter.

I do not engage in or endorse the sport of dog fighting, this post is only meant to outline, critique, or explain old guard mentalities of those people who have engaged in dog fighting. Owners/breeders on this forum only talk about these things as it pertains to the history and or current status of the breed. None of the American Pit Bull Terrier registries to my knowledge solicit, endorse, contract or "sanction" Dog Fights any Longer.

14. Sara

Sara New Member

Not sure we would want this discussion on a public forum do we???

We know what curr means no reason to go any further than that.

15. Samsintentions

16. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Not impossible just irresponsible and risky, Zebo was handled in a "sanctioned" fight, if I'm taking that you mean a contracted match, he was a GR CH.

You could if you wanted to, but you shouldn't, the dog should be culled and not used for anything except worm food.