1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Do your dogs groom each other?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by susan_cude@hotmail.com, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Something I have noticed about Freebie....Every night without exception, he grooms Casey right before bed. Freebie (shi tsu) Casey (mini dacshund) it is soooooooo cute! he will flip up her ears and groom away then flip them back down again.... She WILL NOT do this for him though..
    (spoiled little girl)
    Susan

2. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Now, that is true love!! My dogs don't groom each other, but I have seen dogs that do. My cats groom each other.

Personally, I think dogs that groom each other have a really strong bond with one another. That's the role your two dogs have set up for themselves. Freebie is the groomer and Casey is the groomee. That probably won't change.

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

My dogs don't groom each other, but Nala chews on Bonnie's ears all the time. I try to discourage that, poor dear.

Jamiya

4. Rene

Rene New Member

Sebastain grooms Jasmine all the time right behind her ears (he really makes knots that i have to comb out) but she loves it he also grooms my cats he is a strange one i guess. In the winter when i have a fire going they both lay togather in front of the fire sometimes they kiss it is so cute but most of the time he just gets her behind ears.

Rene

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Smoeky will occasionally lick Chars face, but thats about the extent of it. Right now, he's rubbing her back...sneeky little buggar. Their like Newly weds on their honeymoon!!!!!

I'm still waiting to hear the doggie bed banging on the igloo wall!! he he he...

6. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Sam: That's too funny. You'll have to get them a little "Do Not Disturb" sign for the igloo. :lol:

7. GinaH

GinaH New Member

My dogs all groom each other they especially love to groom princess because of all her wounds. But I worry about them licking her because some of the burns are still so raw.

8. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

A vet once told me that the best medicine for a dogs wounds was its own saliva. There's soemthing about it that incourages healing, and when my dogs get hurt (rarely but it does happen) if its not a serious abrasion or scratch, and they can reach it. I was told to leave it alone. And let the dog take care of it. But watch for infections.

9. Jody

Jody New Member

When Miah and Jasper are together, without a doubt, Miah will de-flea Jasper, and Jasper will de-flea Miah...I think it's weird..... :lol: :lol:

10. Freebie truly loves Casey!

Gina, what happened to princess that she got burned? Hope she's o.k.!

Susan

11. Maisey

Maisey New Member

Dooley and Witt groom each other all the time. Dooley will hold Witt down if he has to in order to clean his ears. I can always tell if Witt has the starts of an ear infection by how Dooley acts. They also both clean each others mouths...yes inside too! Witt grooms Dooley sometimes but it is Dooley who is so serious and motherly about it.

12. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Susan
    Princess is my foster baby she was in a house fire and was severely burned. Her owners were dealing drugs and apparently there was a bad drug deal and someone came to their house and poured gasoline over the entire house including the dogs 5 in total. Three of the dogs did not make it. But Princess and her brother Sage were lucky enough to make it out alive. This happened in February and she is still in very bad shape. But she is the sweetest most loving dog she really truly loves everyone she comes in contact with.
    Here's A picture of her.

[​IMG]

13. Zekesmom

Zekesmom New Member

GinaH: She looks so content in that photo! She knows she finally found a home!

I often wondered what the deal was with my Rott and my roommate's Great Dane. Zeke would often lick Lexis's ear, the inside, for quite awhile. Lexis would just lay peacefully. It sounded gross but it looked so sweet!! So, it was their form of grooming, I suppose.

14. Those are some cute "but gross sometimes" grooming stories...Thanks for sharing!

Maisey, So good to hear from you! :D Hope all is well with you and yours!

Gina, I'm sorry to hear the story of the dogs :cry: That is so very sad! I can't even imagine the pain those dogs have suffered. But thankfully, their are people like yourself out there who care :y_the_best: Give yourself a hug and a pat for the dogs, from me.....

Susan

15. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

My husky will groom my poms. I still thinks she believes they are her puppys. Makes me wonder if she had a liter before we got her.

Maisey glad to hear from you! We are missing you on here!

16. leo2

leo2 New Member

gina is that dog a pittbull? wow it is burnt up bad.
    i think i saw her on a website soemwhere. thats to bad that happened. did your other dog sage do ok?

17. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Yes, Princess is an American Pit Bull Terrier.
    She is a sweet girl with lots of love to give.Sage was adopted to a wonderful family in South Carolina and is doing great!
    You may have saw Princess on the PBRC.
    http://www.pbrc.net/home.htm

18. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Yes, they do!! They are so funny! Sometimes they'll do it when the other is sleeping!

19. dogangel

dogangel New Member