1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Do your dogs like carrots?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by zarate, Oct 9, 2005.

1. zarate

zarate New Member

Does anyone give carrots to their dog as a treat? I have a 10 month old chihuahua, and he actually likes carrots. Does anyone know how this might benefit my pup? Or any other veggies your dogs like, that mine might like? Thanks!
    -mandi

2. Weeble

Weeble New Member

My peke-a-poo loves carrots and apple chunks. He'll swoop in on lettuce if we accidentally drop it. However, his favorite "vegetable" is the leaves from the Japanese maple on our patio (fortunately NOT toxic) which we now refer to as "Toby's salad."

3. zarate

zarate New Member

Awww, that's cute. My dog would eat lettuce if we let him too. Unfortunately the so called breeder we got him from gave him tons of table scraps. We got him at 8 weeks old, so that's not good! He came to us already hooked on it. We don't give him any table scraps, the only people food he gets is fresh fruits and veggies. he's now 10 months old, and hasn't forgot about table scraps. If we don't see him he'll sneak into the kitchen when we're eating hoping to score a tid bit of something, it's funny because he'll actually sneak....like we can't see him LOL. But he minds really good all we have to say is "go on" and he'll go sit right outside the kitchen and look in. Normally the cat sits right next to him, because he also knows he's not allowed in the kitchen when we're eating.
    Toby is also what we were going to name him, but then we started calling him "Chavo" and that stuck!
    -mandi

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Rocky gets fruits and veggies sometimes. His favorite are carrots, frozen peas and beans, and apples.