1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

does anyone here live in

Discussion in 'General Topics & Support Issues' started by Rene, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Or know anything about Arizon?? my son and I are thinking of moving from california to AZ we are going to take a road trip in june and look at a bunch of homes. But they are all in different city's and i have never been out of CA. So if anyone knows anything please share with me

thanks

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

what cities do you have in mind? you have to think about can you handle the extremely dry and almost constant heat of places like Phoenix or Tucson? or you are looking more at mountains like Flagstaff? My parents used to live in Tucson, they ended up moving because the weather, it would start in april in the 90s and by summer every day 100 + until almost October. And the dry heat was a killer on my sinuses when I visited, couldnt wait to get home

3. Rene

Rene New Member

well where i live here in CA it gets to be 106 sometimes so i'm used to the heat but not the dry heat thats why i want to go in june and i hear that in flagstaff it snows and i really dont want to live in the snow (I know i'm picky lol) the citys that i found on line are goodrich, coolidge, suprise, and of course the 2 you mentioned. I'm going to try to find a middle point so i can see each city while i'm there geez talk about a road trip. My so is only 14 so i will have to drive the whole 12 hours myself :roll: it should be fun tho

4. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

OOoooooooooooo. I LOVE ARIZONA. I used to live in Yuma, AZ. Best place on earth. It is on the bottom corner of AZ. Like 30 mins from Calif and 30 mins from Mexico. I wish I could go back. I would definately move there. It doesn't snow. It is very nice during the winter. It is where all the northerners come in their RVs. THe school I went to was great. The neighborhood we lived in was great. Like all the houses have pools. Once it flooded but I was like 8 so I thought that was great too! The people are all really nice. The food is good. Yep. I don't know about the rest of AZ but Yuma is really a wonderful place.

We did stay in Flagstaff for a few months (during the summer so no snow) it was really pretty. There was like a sliding rock place that was cool.

5. Rene

Rene New Member

lol looks like i will have to look into Yuma also all the places i was looking were all brand new homes that is what i really want but decided i would rather have land and fix up the house so we will see

thanks it does sound like a wonderful place i will check it out also

6. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi rene....

I LIVE IN ARIZONA!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

i totally love it...in so many ways. but im a warm weather person.

actually...when its 90 degrees, its not like when its 90 and its humid. it different...not as sweltering. yes, in the summer...it stays aroun 105-110 in the month of june and july...but really, its manageable. beats blistering cold for months...and the monsoons start in july....they are wonderful. lightening storms that are spectacular. doesnt reallly rain alot per se...but always looks like its going to around the perimeter of the city.

you can still get good buys on homes. surprise is nice...the surrounding areas have lower read estate...but that is changing pretty quickly. my home...in northeast phoenix has almost tripled in the last nine years. but its still....totally lower than california!!!

its a clean city. and has a fairly good highway system now. some school districts are better than others...as in any big city. its really a big city with a small town feel. kinda like indianapolis...

chandler and gilbert are nice...new river...and way over on the west side...either northwest or southwest...

pm me if you need to talk more, or want to call me...

7. Rene

Rene New Member

Oh lynn i would love to hear your imput i cant pm here but you could email me at sassycat94561@yahoo.com i really want to know about what citys would be best for me since i'm a single mom with a 14 year old son (well my daughter is 19 and she says she is staying here but i'm sure she will come later) I could handle the heat where i live it gets to be 105 to 110 I'm planing on comming out there in June probely around the 17th to stay for a week and check things out. I was looking at some new home builders out there and geez they are beautiful and compared to CA CHEAP lol my house here has tripled in value in the last 2 years but everything has gone up here also (except my salary) oh you got me excited now lol i really cant wait to go vist there

8. pomlover

pomlover New Member

My parents lived in Gilbert for several years and my Grand-parents live in Apache Junction. I have visited a couple of times and loved them both. My grand-parents are always talking about the "snowbirds." (People that go there just to get away from the snow.) I was there in the middle of the summer and loved it. Not half as hot as it is at home.......which is in Ne. We have such high humidity, I loved going to AZ just to get away from the heat. :D Very different type of heat there. I think you will enjoy yourself anywhere in Arizona.