1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

does oscar fins heal?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by hi this is pat, Oct 26, 2004.

1. hi this is pat

hi this is pat New Member

kuz my little oscar got rough up by the biger one.and his lateral fin(the clear ones) got split in two.the dorsal to..and one of the long ones on his belly...
    he dosnt seems so afected by this beatdown,he eat has usual(witch means a lot) he swim ,a bit slow but he is not like sinking to the bothom and do nothing(like a dying fish)
    so i wonder if the fins will be normal again,and how long/wat should i do will it take
    tanx pat
    ox

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

As long as the water parameters are good the fins should heal just fine. You could add some Melafix to help speed up the healing.

-Chelle

3. Pacuguy

Pacuguy New Member

:y_the_best: :y_the_best: :y_the_best:

4. hi this is pat

perfectt tank you guys

5. M_wm

M_wm New Member

when i got my jd the female had a bug chunk taken out of her tail and it still hasnt healed at all i think its perminate..?

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

How far down was the missing piece? Was it all the way to the very base of her tail (ie took some of the tail tissue too)?

What are your water parameters?

-Chelle

7. hi this is pat

well.the big oscar got bite back...i bought a red belly'and he took a bite in the oscar's tail fin,but you can see the size of a bite,but the piece is all ready there,and the fish seem to be in shape good thing i bought some melafix
    pat ox

8. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Red Belly as in Pirahna!? with an oscar! ah wont it kill it or toture it :roll:

9. hi this is pat

no they seems to get along just fine,kuz the oscar,cant bite the rbp(no teetes outside)and the rbp is scared of the oscar....
    < and since the oscar got bitten they kinda have their hown section in the tank pat ox