1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

does ur cat react to catnip?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by eman, Aug 19, 2005.

1. eman

eman New Member

Max doesnt react to catnip..but the previous cat that i had did. i read somewhere that not all cats react to catnip, especially if the cat was nuetered or spayed early. Does ur cat react to catnip?

2. Bente

Bente New Member

Kyrre doesn't react to catnip at all. He react to a stuff called Purr though, it's kinda the same thing only with other herbs. (i think)

3. eman

eman New Member

where do u get Purr from? i want to try it for Max. :)

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I have some cats who react, some who don't.
    Zeus makes a fool of himself :roll: he places a large paw on each side of the pile, looks around to check for invaders and then digs in. He goes bonkers.
    Dixie rolls and rolls and rolls.
    MaiTai (foster kitty) likes to roll her face in it
    Missy looks at me as if to say "I'm a princess I don't do nip"
    Tilly can go either way, depends on her state of mind at that moment

5. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

My kitties love catnip. All I have to do is go into the hall and say do you want catnip and they come running.

They don't get playful or anything with it but just like to hunch down over it and eat it and chill out for awhile.

[​IMG]

6. vene

vene New Member

Lol's Sunset. All of my little ones love catnip. Pumpkin and Milo will become extremely aggressive after a sniff or two. It wasn't until Rene was 1 year old that she started enjoying the catnip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

Sherbie doesn't react to leafy catnip, he only likes it when it's in a toy. He goes nuts and carts the toy around in his teeth for hours. Once he gets sick of the toy he drops it and forgets about it until you give it to him again.

8. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

my cats do not care for the dried cat nip.. now i tried to grow it one time so i could dry it out myself and make toys w/ it, and i never got to the drying point of it b/c my garfield would find the plant wherever it was and roll and tear it up... i had at least 6 pots w/ it growing in it and each one got ruined... i tied growing it 3x and each time had the same thing happen so i gave up...lol

9. nern

nern New Member

All 7 of mine react to catnip...some more so than others.

10. lunaguy

lunaguy New Member

Luna loves catnip, but never more than once a day. Any more than that, and it has no effect on her. And if I stuff a toy with catnip, it will eventually lose its effect on her as it gets stale inside the toy. I am now in the habit of sticking a toy in a bag of fresh dried catnip, rubbing the catnip all over it, and then giving it to her to attack. It keeps her occupied for a few minutes of fun, and then it's over. There seems to be no lingering effects, just a few minutes of excitement, and then back to business as usual.

11. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Humm, that makes me think of a question. Can you give a kitty catnip too often?

I don't usually give it to my kitties more than once a month mostly because I don't think to do it that often.

But I have wondered if it does them any harm if it is given too much.....especially the loose stuff that they eat.

Does anyone have any info on this?

12. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

An old friend of mine had a cat, Blackie, who they gave catnip to ALL the time. Every so often she would throw up, and it would always be green with little pieces of the cat nip in it.

13. eman

eman New Member

lots of catnip isnt bad for the cat..but some cats throw up after eating alot of it.

14. nern

nern New Member

I only give it once in a while....mostly because its messy and my dust buster recenty broke. :roll:

15. sunset05

sunset05 New Member