1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dog eating Corn Cob

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by SassyPatti, Apr 21, 2004.

1. SassyPatti

SassyPatti New Member

My Doberman at a corn cob.... I was just wondering if there if there is anything i need to do? Anything i need to look out for? I understand that corn cobs are not good for dogs to eat.... So i need to know what to expect.... Any help would be much appriciated.... :)[/quote]

2. Shady_Babygurl

Shady_Babygurl New Member

Well they she comsume it WHOLE or chew it up? My Pit once ate a corn boc but he chewed it up to little bits. He didnt get sick or anything. If she ate it WHOLE Id be watching for normal bowel movements etc. If she is drinking an unusual amount of water and not eating then call the vet asap. Make sure that she is on the norm. If anything is unusual then seek the attention of a vet. From what I understand this is an undigestable food BUT my dog had no problems with his nawty corn cob eating self. lol Signs that something is wrong is vomiting or diarrhea, dullness, apparent abdominal pain may be symptoms. Some dogs will have intermittent bouts of vomiting. A dog could vomit some of the offending material but still have some in his system. Just be cautious for awhile and GOOD LUCK hope she does ok.

Kim

3. Nik

Nik New Member

4. Jules

Jules New Member

I don't think corn is bad for dogs as such, but I was under the immpression that the reason they couldn't have corn cobs is becasue they could get stuck. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I would assume actual corn is ok, because the warning are only ever for corn cobs.

5. lil96

lil96 New Member

Corn is in dog food sometimes

I really think I have seen corn in dog food ingredients list before so I wouldn't thik it would be such a problem. But watch your dog to make sure he doesn'T get sick