1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dog ice cream recipe

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, Jun 2, 2004.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

this looks yummy and healthy, will have to give it a try

Frozy paws ice cream

1 32 oz tub vanilla yogurt
    2 TBSP peanut butter
    2 TBSP honey
    1 1/2C mashed banana

mix all ingredients, and divide in an ice cube tray ofr dixied cups and freeze

honeybear

2. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Hmm that does look neat. And my doggies love ice cubes so they should love that!

3. Jody

Jody New Member

mmmmmmmmm yumo, looks to good for my girl to be eating it... :lol: :lol: :lol: , but mommy always taught me to share :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Thanks honeybear, now if i can just keep grand kids out of it the dogs might get some. :0025: :y_the_best:

5. nern

nern New Member

Sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing. :wink:

6. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Yummy! Im gonna try it.
    It will be a nice treat for my furbabies on a hot day.

7. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I usually fill ice trays up with some water mixed with a bullion cube. The oil on the top doesn't freeze but the flavored water does. The dogs go nuts for them.

I'm going to try the ice cream too!! Daddy always sneeks a bowl of icecream after I've gone to bed. You always know he gives it to Char and Smokey to lick the bowl afterwards, THere's always one on the porch!!! LOL BUSTED!!!!

8. Zekesmom

Zekesmom New Member

I have tried something similar and every dog I gave one to loved it! I used a mini muffin pan. I also put a small dog biscuit sticking out of the "ice cream". After it was frozen I just pulled them out by the biscuit. They looked really cute, too.

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

You could probably also freeze it in a Kong.

Jamiya

10. Samsintentions

I tried it!!! Daddy thought it was for him!!! He ate like 3 big spoonfulls before I could tell him it was doggie Ice cream!!!! Oh I laughed sooo hard....

11. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Sam, glad tohear it was a hit!, LOL, it doesn have ingred we can eat

honeybear

12. Samsintentions

Oh I know. It was jsut soooo funny though. You should have seen the look on his face! :shock:
    I showed him the recipe and he though, oh ok. SO he shared it with the dogs...... Sad, you make a treat for the pets, and the man enjoys it tooo!!!

Yet again, another positive example that men are pets too!!!

13. Zekesmom

Zekesmom New Member

My 9 year old neighbor was making them with me and he thought it tasted good and would eat it also. I used the no fat, no sugar added yogurt and natural peanut butter so it was probably healthier than plain ice cream he normally would have eaten. The bad part is that now he tries any type of dog treat on the up chance it will taste as good as the dog ice cream!