1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dog Island

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by puggleowner, Apr 14, 2004.

1. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

It's not real, of course...

Jamiya

3. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

It's not?

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Nope. It's a spoof. Someone with way too much time on their hands. :)

Jamiya

5. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

Oh you're right...I hadn't read any of the links or anything but now that I have I can see that it's probably not- like the "mandatory dog exportation" bill in New Jersey? Ha. I guess I am just gullible.

6. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

So I wonder what happens if someone actually sends them an e-mail because they want to send their dogs!! Do they just respond with a "gotcha!" e-mail or something? Weird

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Probably. They probably have a good laugh at your expense. :roll:

I'm pretty gullible, too, but I have seen that one before. :)

Jamiya

8. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

Its a cute site....and they actually make money off putting the ads up there. But when you try to contact them(which I did several times on a rainy day), you never get an answer. I think the rabbit hair undies for the winter thing is hilarious!

9. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

seems like there are lots of sites like this now a days. like jamya said its just someone with too much time on their hands. just like this site http://www.bonsaikitten.com

I actually fell for this one. Made me cry and everything lol. Then I started to think hmm, how can they put a kitten in a bottle, glue up its butt and not have it die? or have it result in bone organ deformities? then i realized, ha no finished products! lol

10. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

lanena,
    the bonsaikitten one is creepy! I just came across it by mistake a couple of weeks ago. I had no idea what to think. There are really weird people out there. I think the thing that really made me go, Yeah Right! is when it said only people who get certified by the state of California can sell them or something along those lines. Geez! What some people won't do for kicks.

11. jwoodman

jwoodman New Member

I took it seriously enough to suppose that the (semiliterate) author was trying to get animals to sell to lab suppliers. But then, how would such poor beasts be "sent," after all?

JW

12. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

That site is cute!! I love the part about rates, only the really rich rich people can afford for their dog to have a vacation. LOL

13. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

That kitten thing is disturbing. Why put up something like that and give cruel people more ideas???

14. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

I agree, I wonder how many people have a) not realized it was a joke and decided 'ooh, lets save some money by making our own bonsai kitten or b) hmm, this looks interesting 'here fluffy lets stick u in a jar'

15. Jas

Jas New Member

Puggle I think peta strikes again. :roll: Someone sent me a link like this involving that group, although I haven't looked at the link you left to see if its the same.

16. Jules

Jules New Member

I received an email a while ago with pics of the bonsai kittens and a petition against it. The email said stuff like: this is really cruel and must stop blah blah blah. I guess the gullible people signed the petition! I believed it for a bit- then I realised it was just a sick joke. And I do agree stuff like this would put ideas into crazy people's heads.