1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dog Show Sunday

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Samsintentions, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Was watching the dog SHow on Animal Planet Yesterday, and OMG!! the First Amstaff came out, and He was GORGEOUS!!!!!! Then the second came out and he looked a bit on the rough side, not as elegant as the first. I didn't get to finish watching it. I ended at the Jack Russel, Did anyone see who won?

2. Jadapit

Jadapit New Member

Winner of dog show...

Hi,
    I also watched the dog show. I agree with you, the dog you are talking about was beautiful!! The airdale won for the terrier group and the poodle won best in show... For some reason the poodle seems to win a lot. They are always real popular with the judges for some reason :?: The poodle is not who I would have picked but I'm no show dog judge. O:)

3. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I like the poodle as much as the next person but would love to see something else win for a chance. Oh if its not the poodle its a mini dog. I have two poms but love the big dogs. Oh well one day they will get their chance!

4. Jameka

Jameka New Member

The AmStaff was gorgeous. The 2nd one wasn't an AmStaff. It was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. The dog show kind of made me mad though. They were talking very nice about all of the breeds & giving only their best qualities. But when the AmStaff & the Bull Terriers came out, they mentioned that they get a bad rap, but they also said that both were bred for fighting, which makes them very aggressive, vicious dogs. Did anyone else notice that?

5. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I didnt see this show but the last one I watched they did make comment on how the Amstaff was bred to fight and not good around young children, or something like that.

6. fawnbrindle

fawnbrindle New Member

Actually...

I saw the dog show (Eukanuba Championships) & it first aired at 8:00pm (Eastern time) Saturday night. The AmStaff was indeed a beautiful dog!!
    I paid great attention to the commentary used and the commentarors said nothing negative about the AmStaff nor the StaffyBull. In fact it was quite the opposite. They did mention that "this breed was bred for fighting" and that "they get a bad rap," but they also said that "they are not bad dogs; there are bad owners, they make great companion dogs, and are good with children!"

I've never seen a dog show where the StaffyBull has ever received negative feedback.