1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dog wart, or what?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by zarate, Jan 15, 2006.

1. zarate

zarate New Member

I noticed a small bump on the outer left side of my chi's paw. It's a small pink bump almost the size of a round emoticon (that are shown on the left of the screen when you type a new topic/reply) My chi is not tiny, he's about 10 pounds, so that bump isn't as big as it would be for an itty bitty chi. It does not hurt him at all, and he doesn't notice it's there. I had actually forgotten about it until I bathed him the other day. It's the same size as it was when I first noticed. I think it's a wart, but I could be wrong. Any ideas as to what it may be? Thanks for any info!!!!
    -Zarate

2. doglover1234

doglover1234 New Member

Possibly a cist or growth of some sort. My husky has one on her hip. My vet said as long as it didnt grow it was ok but if it grew any he would want to remove it and test it. So just give your vet a call, maybe they will wanna take a look at it just to be sure it isnt anything that could be cancerious.

3. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Even though the growth isn't between the toes, it could be an interdigital cyst. Most of these are bacterial infections, and need to be treated by a vet. There are other types of cysts and growths that, while not malignant, need to be removed or monitored by a vet too, so I'd have it looked at.