1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dog with microchip id mistake

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by seebr, Jun 12, 2004.

1. seebr

seebr New Member

2. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Ugh! That is scary! All my dogs except for the baby are microchipped. And really I just assumed they were all the same.

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

That's so sad. I can just imagine the guilt the owner is feeling. She probably says to herself every night " What would have happened if I had just called 30 minutes earlier."

Rocky is Microchipped and everytime he goes in for a visit the vet always scans his chip to make sure the number shows up.

4. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

That is awful; I have been thinking about buying the avid scanner. Hummmm wonder if they will change everything.

5. nern

nern New Member

That is so sad. :(

6. Jody

Jody New Member

That is horrible. :cry: :cry: :cry:

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

How horrible! I got the feeling from the article, though, that the owner was waiting around for someone to scan the dog and call her. I would be driving around, posting signs, and calling every shelter in the area every day - in fact, I did that when I lost a dog once. And there are a LOT of shelters in our area!!

Jamiya

8. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I do feel sorry for her but I also think it is her fault, as Jimiya said it sounds like she was waiting for a call. If it were mine, I would be going to both my animal shelter and HS even though they re chipped. I just dont trust the workers to scan every animal and now they are syaing someof tehm dont work. And I had Wyle shipped when we first got her and whenI had at teh vet a few years ago, I just asked to check and they said nothing was coming up. I dont use as as first line of id

honeybear

9. Zekesmom

Zekesmom New Member

I am there with you Jamiya, I would be frantically searching everywhere. In fact, when this happens, a dog missing, our whole neighborhood is out looking for the pup. It drives the men crazy, the women are out running all over the neighborhood within minutes while the men are still trying to figure out how the dog got loose. We have a pretty good track record. And when I find a stray in the neighborhood, again, I call the women and we go around looking for the owners. I have yet had to take a dog in to animal control.

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

The dog we lost happened when I was out of town. My husband didn't look very hard for her. I got on the internet and found the phone numbers of every shelter in the area that I could find and called them all long distance, but no luck. I tried again every day and kept it up for weeks after I got home. I drove all over the neighborhood when I got home, but no luck. We never found her. She had tags on with her name and phone number. I think someone decided to keep her and took the tags off. Or I hope so. :cry:

Jamiya

11. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

That is Scary. Smokey and Char both have microchips. They too get checked everytime we go to the vets office. Every dog that comes to me gets "scanned" even the puppies. Just to be safe. I've only ever had one Chip show up on a dog. That was a long time ago.
    The guy was estatic that we found him! I personally don't rely on the microchips. I think its just a last resort to finding them. If my babies would ever disappear, I'd be wiggin out!