1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

doggie cake!?!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by strikers_rd, May 3, 2004.

1. strikers_rd

strikers_rd New Member

does anyone know a SAFE cake recipe for a dog??? :lol: !?!

2. lil96

lil96 New Member

What about shephards pie? Is that safe for dogs? That would be especially cute if your dog was a german shephard! Or maybe carob(sp?) I remember as a kid my mom making stuff with that instead of chocolate but I don'T know how safe it is? does anyone know if these are safe or not?

3. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Shepherds pie is okay for dogs, just make sure there are no onions in it. This isn't an everyday meal, but is okay once in a while.

About dog cakes: I watched this program about a dog bakery in our city. She makes dog carrot cakes, with all the regular ingredients EXCEPT sugar.

I will try to find some other cake recipes on the natural food group I belong to.

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

This is the one I use.

2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup wheat germ
    1/2 cup brewer’s yeast (available at health-food stores)
    1 teaspoon salt
    3 tablespoon vegetable oil (canola is good)
    1 cup chicken stock

Heat oven to 400 degrees.
    Line a sheet pan with parchment paper (or grease the pan). Mix flour, wheat germ, brewer’s yeast, and salt together in a medium bowl. In another mixing bowl, combine oil and garlic. Alternately add 1 cup chicken stock and flour mixture in 3 parts; mix until well combined

For the icing:

I use 3 cups vanilla chips
    1 tablespoon vegetable powder
    1 teaspoon vegetable oil

5. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I just found this site!!

www.yummyfordogs.org.

Tons of different recipes for EVERYTHING!!

ohhh, I am excited!! :lol:

6. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Checked out the site ...Love it !

got to cook now ! I hate cooking ! but I will try some of those .

Love the saying you have on your post ! :eek:

7. someday

someday New Member

ok..so i got so excited about seeing that site I baked my Annie some Peanut Butter 'Nilla Biscuits...she loves them! Thanks for posting that cool site.

8. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I'm glad you guys like the site! I was bored at work so I made a doggie cook book for a girlfriend of mine who lives by my work and went there for lunch.

She is baking stuff as we speak. ;) I love the dreamsicle one. I may make them for Harley tonight.

Have fun with the recipes!!

9. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Another good thing to try is the pup pops. Take some boiling water and put a few beef or chicken boulion cubes in it.(for flavor) Let it cool, then put it into ice cube trays and freeze. My dogs go absolutely NUTS over them!!! Sometiems I save bits of chicken or steak and put them in the middle. They absolutely love em.

I made the pup cookies that look like candy suckers but used a rolled rawhide stick for the stick. They came out sooo cute.