1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dogs destroying underwear...

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Fureya, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Fureya

Fureya New Member

Kind of a gross topic but I have a huge problem with my dog destroying my underwear. Doesn't matter how many times I catch her in the act....she continues to do it. Shes now about 2 years old and while she will chew on other things...it is when I am not around or asleep that she chews on my things. I normally keep her in a kennel but by age 2...she should stop doing these things. Today I went shopping for 30 minutes and she managed to pull my jeans out of my closet and made a 3 inch hole in the crotch. Its getting out of hand....I buy cheap underwear because everynow and then i forget to put the padlock on the hamper (i am serious) and sometimes I'll have left one under the bed. But now shes going after my jeans. I didnt think much about it when she destroyed my gym shorts last week but now its getting worse...not better. Has anybody else had a problem with this? I am very forgetful and frequently leave my clothes out....

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

She misses you! Your dirty clothes smell just like Mommy!

Seriously, it's an easy problem to get rid of. Don't allow her to have access to your things! Close the door to your room. Or put everything in the hamper, and maybe even spray the outside of the hamper with bitter apple. Or crate her while you are gone. Or put up some baby gates so she only has access to one or two rooms when you are gone (and dog-proof those rooms).

We are not the cleanest people in the world, but you can bet the familiy room - where are dogs are confined when we are out - is the cleanest and most clutter-free room in the house. If we don't want something destroyed, we don't leave it in there.

A 2-year-old dog is not that old. And especially if she is one of the larger breeds, most people still consider them to be puppies!

3. heaven

heaven New Member

i have a 10 month old and she lovesss mommys underware

she's very sly...she seems to know when we're all busy with something and the bathroom door isn't completely shut..then she noses it open and noses the hamper lid up and always manages to find MY underware

i'll be washing dishes in the kitchen and there goes sandy galloping past the kitchen with my underware flying from her mouth lol

4. someday

someday New Member

Hehe, seems to be a very popular chew toy. Annie does the same and my bras! She'll come flying into the living room like she found the best prize in the world. I just take it as a hint that i need to do laundry and gather all my other clothes and throw them where she left it and get started! She's very good at getting mom to clean. :mrgreen:

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Char used to get to my panties and stuff too. Only she wanted to wear them!!!! he he he...

ANyhow. A good way to curb this behavior is to correct her when you catch her and give her something she CAN chew on and praise her for chewing on that.
    Also Wash your clothes with a hypo allergenic laudry detergent and that will take out ALL smells that normal detergents can't.

Dogs are also drawn to the "female" scent when we are in heat. Don't ask me why I think it has to do with the faramones, but its gross.....
    like white on rice!

keep you clothes in a locked room away from her. Don't grant her access to your room if thats where your going to keep her. Crate training should be used and inforced for most of the dogs life when you are sleeping and away. Until you can fully trust her/him out on their own with free roam of the house.

6. smokey

smokey New Member

she won't stop doing it. it's no uncommon. she does it when you're not there cause she knows she can! :mrgreen:
    agree that all you can do is keep the things from her or her from the areas.

7. DogLover

DogLover New Member

What about just give her one of the underwear, the one you don't want? Mine loves human clothes, but for most of the time, he only played with the one and the only t-shirt I gave him. I taught him which are his and which are ours, and it worked for us.

8. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Sniff, Sniff, Sniff....... Now I know why my Parents always had a dog when I was a teenager. :lol:

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Clothing can be dangerous if the dog chews it up and eats it. The cotton fibers can tangle in their intestines - it's quite a mess!

10. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

Jamiya
    She misses you! Your dirty clothes smell just like Mommy!

May God for give me but I just can't help it.

Jamiya it's called toilet paper and of course a shower would be a real help.

2pyrs