1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

DOGSTER.COM - WHO'S A CUTIE!?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by MonsterBailey, Sep 17, 2004.

1. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Looks like the dogster.com web guys are at it again!! They now have a feature called "Who's a Cutie?"?

Check it out! I was just looking at Bailey's dogster page and noticed this new stat at the top of his page! It's still in BETA-testing (obviously) cuz it's hard to figure out HOW to vote! LOL.... anyhow, here is what dogster says:

"Who's a Cutie? is a random stroll through all dog pages. On each page there is a voting box where you can rate this dog page on a scale of one to five paws (). The rating should consider the entire entry including photos, arrival story, favorites, pet peeves and diaries. The average paw rating will be displayed on that dog's page. Keep in mind that we want to reward the best, most compelling entries. We are not rating the dog itself, for all dogs on Dogster are perfect!!! Note: you can only vote in this special area.

You'll find that we have excluded from this feature our beloved pets who have passed on. Instead, we have created a special dog stroll called "We Miss You!" to remember them (sniff).

2. lil96

lil96 New Member

that is neat, now I have to go check it out!
    At first I looked at Luthers page and he only had 2 paws from 1 voter and I was sad. So then I looked at Sentry and she didn't have any votes or voters :cry: Bbut then I looked at my cat and she has 4paws from 7 voters! :eek: and mellißabeth a cat I had before had 3 paws, wow those cat people are generous! Ok now off to vote!

3. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Do you have to register to vote? I dont see anywhere where you can vote. Let me know so I can add some paws to these cuties!

4. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I'm still learning (or trying to!) but it seemed as though the voting was done randomly. In other words, you can't go to a particular dog's site and vote (or at least I couldn't find that). Just click on the link "Who's A Cutie?" on the left side of the page, under "See The Dogs" and that then takes you through a random stroll of dogs. :)

5. lil96

lil96 New Member

that is also what I found
    I guess they thought we would get on and give only our friends high dog paw points! I went through like 100 today and not a single dog I know! but some of them were so cute, there was one and I can't think of its name but it was so cute!

6. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

When I check last night, Rusty had 5 paws :mrgreen: I'm such a proud mama! I wanted to go in and vote for Bailey and everyone else, but I can only find where it random also. But....I guess that's the most fair, otherwise people would pad the votes!!

7. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Ok because I am really bored tonight at work I am trying to find some of our guys to vote and so far am on number 332 and not one dog, although i think i recognized one but cant be too sure! If I ever find anyone I can go home a happy person.

8. lil96

lil96 New Member

geez 4dogs, i thought I looked at a lot that is too many!!

9. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

hehe... 4dogs!!! HIGH PAW to ya! :eek:)

10. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I found dukesdads Freckles and another one I just cant remeber, LOL it is kinda addicting!

11. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

that's cool!!!! :eek: you should let dukes/freckles' dad know.... I'm sure he'd love it! :)

I bet you felt like you won the lottery once you finally 'hit someone that you knew!' :D :D :D

12. MollysMom

MollysMom New Member

I noticed the new feature also.....need to go back and check it out some more.
    Molly has three stars,,,,,....and I just added a new pic (the one in my avatar).

13. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I looooooooove your avatar, Mollysmom!! :) PRRRRECIOUS!

14. MollysMom

MollysMom New Member

Thanks Monster!
    DH got a new digital camera, and took the pic when I was scratching her tummy!

15. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Yep....that Molly is a cutieeeeee!!
    Hey!! It looks like they've changed the name on Dogster from "Who's a Cutie" to "Give Me Some Paw"!

16. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

see what happens when something is in BETA?? :)

It's now called "GIMME SOME PAW"... hehe.... how cute is that?? :)

17. Rene

Rene New Member

that is really cute when i looked at my page (well sebastain) yesterday he had 5 paws today i see nothing humm

18. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

yea... I noticed the same thing.... not sure what is going on, but I'm sure they are just 'retooling' things....

I also noticed the site is reaaaaaaaally really slow these days loading up. Hmmm.

19. aussylover

aussylover New Member

in reply

:eek: how do you find out how many paws your animals has I went there and tried to see how many paws Simon had and I couldn't find out!! :D Let me know o.k thanks aussylover

20. lil96

lil96 New Member

for my dog it was sort of left side, no no right sorry (I am slow!) at the top, BTW what is Simons page? so we can see!