1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by GodsChld, Mar 23, 2005.

1. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

i did not check my tank last night or this morning, just threw some food inn half asleep....i was gone all day until midnight.....when i got home my pictus cat was floating upside down with NO FINS.....just some skelton type structure left......

he is with an oscar and two bala.....well was.....in a 125....

is there something wrong or did my oscar kill him?!!?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Chances are the oscar got him, but just to be on the safe side, what are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte? How are the other fish acting?

-Chelle

3. DUCKLE-BUM

DUCKLE-BUM New Member

it does sound like you might have some sort of problem with your water.
    Pictus catifsh are very quick and mine is far too fast for my Oscar to catch.
    Perhaps poor water quality could have slowed him up some.

....but saying that, your Oscar is equally likely to have gotten him :(

4. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

other fish are pretty much ok

my oscar seems to sometimes be in hiding a bit more, but when i bring out the food he comes right up, but the bala sharks run around like idiots as always.......so i dont think the fish are acting any different

i am doing a 30 gallon water changed today, and will do another tomorrow

i doint have the testing stuff here, chelle do you think it is critical i do that? the LFS will do it for me if i take them a sample....

thank you so much all!

~BC

5. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

make that i did a 40 gallon changed today.....i wanted to vacuum the bottom as well as i could.......an hour and a half later.....all cleaned up!

I will still do another change tomorrow or the next day!

but now i ahve a 125 gallon tank with 1 oscar and two bala's!
    cant really add anything cause walt seems to want the entire 125 to himself! i love oscars but i think next time i need to get a ton of small fish or something, seems like only 3 in this tank is just not enough!

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You'd be better off buying your own tests. That way you don't have to rely on the LFS. If something happens, you can test your water immediately w/o having to wait for the LFS to be open and you dont have to hope the the LFS employee actually knows what he's doing and will give you correct results.

-Chelle

7. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

This really has nothing to do with your question.. but what are the dimensions of the 125 G tank?????