1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dried feces on backside!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by nern, Jul 16, 2006.

1. nern

nern New Member

Recently I've noticed that Richie has dried feces near his bum, caked in this fur. I think this is because he is too fat to groom himself properly. None of my other cats seem to have this problem although, Tiddy has in the past. I think I might be able to take care of this myself by carefully clipping it off and then giving him a good hygenic clip back there. My first thought was to take him to a groomer or to the vet but I want to cause as little stress as possible.

Besides, clipping it off are there any other tricks to getting rid of this?
    I have kitty wipes but I don't think they will do much good because its dried and caked. I think it would need to be soaked. :|

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I would trim off the cling-ons. I had a foster who was too fat to clean her backside, so once we got her cleaned up I kept her clean with wipes.

3. nern

nern New Member

Thanks Mary. I'm going to clip then. Then I will wipe him frequently to prevent this from happening again as you suggested.

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

May the force be with you Nern. :wink: Oh and take lot's of pics and post them here. Just kidding.

5. lunaguy

lunaguy New Member

Just wanted to say good luck, and also that you're a good mommy, Nern. :)

6. vene

vene New Member

Two of our other kitties are just like Richie. The wipes don't help much. Good luck with the clipping. It's the smart ones that don't groom themselves back there. :roll: :mrgreen:

7. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I use an electric shaver that I got at the pet store to keep chubby Socks clean down there. Only have to do it about once month. Hubby holds her while I trim. Socks is very good about it and it works well. :)

8. nern

nern New Member

LOL! Chessmind. Thanks everyone. :D

I think I clipped most of it off. I'll double check tomarrow and get anything remaining. It was somewhat easy to do since he is used to laying on his back on my lap for meds. The only problem I had was he kept tucking his tail.