1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Drift wood help please

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by oscarboi, Feb 19, 2005.

1. oscarboi

oscarboi New Member

ok so this is what happened. My friend gave me his driftwood which has been lying in his cabinet for about 3 months. I put it in a bucket filled with tapwater for a week. Today i put it in my tank and it kept floating so i put a rock on it. I noticed theres some white fluff growing out of the driftwood. What do i do?

2. tski22

tski22 New Member

What does the fluff actually look like just white fluff? Ive never heard of this happening before. Although I think it should be cleaned more thoroughly, sitting in tap water doesnt really do much other than fill the dirftwood with water. Another thought is that driftwood is verr pourous and if you actually did let it sit in tap water for a week it would have definantly absorbed the water and sank immediatley. My guess is that it might not be actual driftwood, but dont quote me on that 100 %. Icant remember anything like that ever happening to me and I have driftwood in 2 tanks. -tl

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

maybe a type of fungus or mold that was in the wood while it was sitting for months was coming loose and showing.....boil the wood for i think 30-60 minutes and that should get rid of the white fluff (kill it) and make the wood sink.