1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ducks ! ! !

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by AnnaBelle, Aug 29, 2005.

1. AnnaBelle

AnnaBelle New Member

Does anyone have ducks here? I have 4, 3 muscovies and 1 mallard. 2 of the muscocies are already grown but the other 2 are babies and they have really bonded. My Q is if you think that the muscvie baby and the mallard baby will always bond even when they get older, or do you think the muscovie baby will start hanging out with the grown muscovies soon? I don't want my mallard baby to fill left out or anything :roll: Thanks Guys!

2. Fuz

Fuz New Member

no if the ducks are bonded they have become a flock and the flock will always stay together unless something eats them like an evil weasel. so dont worry.

3. Fuz

Fuz New Member

oh i forgot um the mallard may fly away for a couple days unless the wings are clipped. but depending on how bonded they are to eachother it may just act like them and not even try flying.

4. AnnaBelle

AnnaBelle New Member

OK thanks a lot. Do you know how to tell the difference from muscovie babies as to whether they are male or female? Thanks. Also, has anyone ever seen a solid white muscovie? We got one today and it is getting along great with the other baby muscovie and mallard baby. The solid white one is also a baby. Thanks guys!

5. Fuz

Fuz New Member

to tell the difference between male and female on any duck while its a baby is to hold it in your hand and spread the vent until you see the sex organs and if you find a book it will show you what each one looks like. the book i used is called STOREYS GUIDE TO RAISING POULTRY. its a really great book.

6. christarz

christarz New Member

I have about 10 ducks and 1 rooster. They are all in a pen together. When I let them out of the pen, they do everything together! I think the rooster thinks he's a duck as well

7. AnnaBelle

AnnaBelle New Member

christarz it is good thye all get along.

I wanted to know if you can also tell a male and female duck apart by the size and length of their legs?

8. Fuz

Fuz New Member

no you cant or at least ive never seen any diiference in the lengths of males and females. when they are adults the males get a cute little curl in some of their tail feathers.