1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Duke and Freckles Get Pampered This Weekend

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

We are heading to Baton Rouge LA this weekend to visit family, my mother is 94 and living independently. I have made reservations for the boys at Kellie's Pampered Pet Inn here in Houston. Some of you may recall my posting about this kennel in the past.
    This is an excellent facility but what is perhaps most unique is the live internet cameras that you can view. What I plan to do is ask the kennel to let the boys loose in the pool area on Sunday at a specific time when we are all at my brothers house for Sunday dinner. Then I plan to log on to the site from there so my mother can watch the boys romp in the pool. She will get a big kick being able to see them as they are her granddogs.

Right now there appears to be an Aussie in the Rover Cam run. You can check out the various cameras at: http://www.pet-cam.com/petcam/
    You need a video plug in to see the live video.
    Check it out and let me know what you think.

2. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

I saw a show on Animal Planet about that place a while back. Seem like a great place. I love the fact that you can get online and check in on your babies. I wish there was a place like that here. I was actually thinking about opening up such a place but i don't have the money right now nor do i have the time.

I'm sure you babies will have a BALL!!!!!

3. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Oh Wow! That place sounds great! I am still searching for a place to board all my girls when we go on vacation in August.
    I may end up having to drive an hour out of the way to board them because I am just not satisfied with the kennels in my area.

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Thats funy, I had envisioned a picture of freckles with a papmers diaper on. :oops: I know what you mean though. Your mom is doing well at that age. Have fun.

5. nern

nern New Member

I think I saw that on Animal Planet before too! What a great place. :y_the_best:

6. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

danggggggggitalll......... could someone pleeeeeeeeeease hit the lightswitch pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!?!!? :)

7. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

LOL I'm with ya on that one! I was watching it eariler and saw a blk dog peaking over the bed but thats about all i saw, he never came from behind it. :(

8. lil96

lil96 New Member

oh I wish I was your dog!! I need a weekend of pampering

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Gina, my kennel is an hour drive from my house. It's worth it for the peace of mind. They will actually come pick up or drop off at your house if you need them to - $15 per trip.

There is a Pete and Mac's (http://www.petemac.com/) about 2 minutes from our house. We could walk there. It sounds like a dream, although it's REALLY expensive. I was going to board Nala there last Christmas, until my agility trainer told me that it's not safe. Apparently, every dog that signs up for doggie daycare gets doggie daycare - no matter the temperament or how many dogs they already have, etc. There is inadequate supervision for way too many dogs and some are not dogs that should be playing with other dogs in ANY situation!

I have considered leaving them there for a short time, and just not using the doggie daycare part of the service. They would get some outside playtime with staff, but not with other dogs. But the kennel where I ended up boarding them is a LOT cheaper and they are happy as larks there. And she is willing to feed whatever food I give her.

I bet Duke and Freckles will have a great time on their vacation! That place looks awesome.

Jamiya

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Umm, I swear I only pressed the submit button once....

11. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Dukesdad: that sounds wonderful!! Can you board me with them for the weekend? I'll be good I promise. :lol:

12. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Did you notice how sweet every single one of the rescued fox terriers were in the animal cops show last night. It was a re-run, but those dogs have the greatest dispositon.

13. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

So, dukesdad...
    How did Duke and Freckles do at their "resort"??? I'm curious! :)

14. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

MonsterBailey,
    They had a great time but I didn't get to see them on the pool cam. I just forgot to arrange for a specific time. Maybe next time I will splurge and have them housed in the special run with the 24 hour camera. Tyhey are too big for that cottage.