1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Duke and Freckles on a nature hike (with photos)

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Yesterday the boys got to go to the "wilderness" lake instead of the dog park. The weather was cold enough to keep the poisonous snakes in hibernation so the boys were free to explore and smell all of those wonderful aromas of nature. Duke found a dead fish to roll in which made the trip home very fragrant, even with the windows down.
    Are these dogs happy?
    [​IMG]

Something smells good.
    [​IMG]

I made them stop and pose. They were aggravated at me.
    :mrgreen:
    [​IMG]

Exploring the lake.
    [​IMG]

And now a game of water tag.
    [​IMG]

And bitey face.
    [​IMG]

And finally, two tired pups on the way home.
    [​IMG]

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

looks liek they had a blast! Isnt nice when you can let them run like that. How on earth did you get them clean enough to be in the car? When Jake and Wylie start running. Wylie always tried to bite Jakes face. I dont know whats that about

3. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

awww...they look like they had fun! we have a lake nearby and i take ranger and snickers occasionally, but only ranger gets off leash, snickers likes to try to swim all the way across the lake. going in after her in january...not much fun. anyway, it looks like y'all had a blast! i can't believe they were clean enough to get in the car after all of that, lol. and i understand the dead fish thing. ranger once found a waterbottle full of fish brains. gross. he kept trying to pull it out of my hands till we found a trashcan at some campgrounds.

4. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Both boy's coats are amazing. All I do is thoroughly towel them off and the mud wipes off completely. Even the white areas of Freckles coat.
    It must be the oil in their field coat. The fish smell, unfortunately, needed additional attention when we got home. :mrgreen:
    I used a spray deodorizer that worked well. I hardly ever have to bathe them.

5. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

You always take wonderful pictures. (They are the perfect size for viewing too)
    Looks like your pups had a great adventure.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sue

6. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

GREAT PICS!!! They are awesome.

They look like they had LOADS of fun!!!

7. dogangel

dogangel New Member

All pics are awesome, but the last one speaks volumes!!! Wonderful happy babies!!! :kiss_heart:

8. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

How neat!!!

I have to say, that "posing" picture is a classic. its like thier saying "MAN!!!! let us play!!!! Supid pictures!!!" LOLOL
    Great photos none the less....

9. hermann muenster

hermann muenster New Member

Wow - great action photos. And I agree --- good size for viewing too.

Freckles and Duke sure know how to have fun. From the dashing through the water -- to the rolling on dead fish!!!

Yep, sure looked like it was a fun day!