1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dwarf Angel Fish & Tetra Fish

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by scooter, Jan 27, 2005.

1. scooter

scooter New Member

Hey,
    I am going to get Angel (my dwarf angel fish) sometime in Febuary. I was wondering if I could get a dwarf angel fish and a couple of tetras. My said said she had tetras in her tank along with her dwarf angel fish and her angel fish never went after it. Can I keep Angel and a couple of tetras in the same tank? Thanks.

Scooter

P.S. Scooter is my dog's name.

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

im not so sure aobut that....backw hen i had a community tank i had tetras that woudl always disappear until i found out that it as my angel eating tehm....i guess it depends on the tetras your getting....what kind are you looking at?

3. tski22

tski22 New Member

Ive never had a problem wih angels and tetras besides occasional fin nipping. I think that would be perfectly fine just get decent sized tetras because of what was already mentioned. -tl

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yes....the tetras i tried it with that were eaten were neon tetras, and those are quite small.

5. scooter

scooter New Member

Well I would get neon tetras. I would just have to make sure that Angel wasn't agressive. At least you guys here believe me that there IS such a thing called Dwarf Angel Fish.

6. otmmy205

otmmy205 New Member

my anglefish ate all my guppies and the guppies were pretty big

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Actually, I've never heard of a freshwater dwarf angelfish. What's the scientific name?

-Chelle

8. scooter

scooter New Member

Actually the Dwarf Angel fish is a saltwater fish. I might just start out with tetras first. I am not sure. I am going to do more research. Thanks.
    Scooter :D

9. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

tetras and dwarf angels are definantly not compatible then......the dwarfs are saltwater and the tetras are freshwater.

10. scooter

scooter New Member

My mom had her dwarf angel in a regular tank. Freshwater tank. No salt and her dwarf angel fish was fine. I might just start out with tetras first. I am NOT done with research.

11. Hooben

Hooben New Member

The term for a fish that can live in salt or fresh water is "brackish".
    There are very few brackish fish in the world, one of them being the scat. Even the scat does not do well in pure fresh water, preferring a little salt in the mix. The fish that you are talking about is most likely a fresh water fish that has been "given" that name locally. Try to provide us with a scientific, latin name for the fish so that we can better help you.
    Thanks.

12. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, what hooben said....and if worse comes to worse and you cant find any of that, atleast try to show us a picture because one of us are bound to know what it is.