1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

dyied fish

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by red devil, May 20, 2004.

1. red devil

red devil New Member

Just wondering how progress is going with anybody who wanted there lfs to stop selling dyied fish.

2. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Good question! I don't think mine carries them anymore, but I will go check it out to make sure. I want to start breeding non-dyed jellybean parrots when I move back to florida! :lol:

3. Fin_Rot

Fin_Rot New Member

Has anyone been tempted just to buy the dyed fish so you can end there misery? I mean they go throw this horrible dying process then they get bought by a kid who thinks it's the "pretty one" and the kid loses intreset and forgets to feed it then it dies anyway.

4. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i have tryed but no luck the store sees it as a "profit" and if you go buy them all the store will just restock.

5. J_acon

J_acon New Member

I haven't seen any Dyied fish in any of the LFS in here. I think the RSPCA won't allow it.

6. Candace

Candace New Member

dyed fishes

In my 55 gal fresh tetra tank, we have an assortment of fish, 4 being blueberry and strawberry skirted tetras we bought a year or so ago at a LFS. I didnt know anything about the dyeing process, and still don't. We are just forever collecting tetras in this tank and thought they were interesting. I have never had a problem with them, although they have faded and are like, white now. weird, huh? were they dyed by injection or dyed water or what? i'm still not sure, i dont understand the big deal over it all.

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Fish that have an all-over color (ie blueberry oscars, painted parrots) are put in a harsh chemical that strips off their protective slime coat. They they're put in the dye, then another chemical that regenerates their slime coat.

Fish with specific places died (ie painted tetras) are injected in several places with a very large needle.

-Chelle