1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ear infection and Skin infection

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Rene, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

My poor little Yorkies my little jasmine has an ear infection so i have to put some odamax in her ears every other day and she also got some med. that i had to pick up at the pharmcy i cant remember the name the vet told me she would be sleepy for a couple of day's no wonder it smells like pepermint schnopps geez are they gettin my baby drunk lol. she was so funny at the vet she hates them she freaks out everytime they touch her the doctor said ok i'm going to have to get a party hat and put a muzzle on her poor little is only 4lbs 8oz but i dont blame the vet i would have done that also. And Sebastain has a skin infection she doesnt' know what from i also have meds for him and special shampoo it is so hard for me to give their meds cuz it needs to be mixed with food and to keep them from eating each others is a pain you know where. But now they are getting very spoiled Jasmine will only eat the food with med if i hand feed her with a spoon and sebastain will only eat it out of my hand it must be a funny site to see me on the floor with a spoon in one hand and food in my other.

Well they both go back saturday so hopefully it will be gone then i have to deal with the spoiled little brats not eating only if i hand feed them but they will get better i hope

2. BulldogMomma

BulldogMomma New Member

When they are better, they will surely eat out of their bowls if they are hungry enough!
    I don't even have to hide my dog's medicine in food at all. If she needs a baby aspirin, I just pop one in the air and she catches it and gulps it down. But then again, she eats deer poop from the back yard. lol
    Sometimes you can't help but baby them when they are on medicine. They are our babies!
    They will eat normal like before when they are better...no worries.

3. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Sorry to hear about your pups!! My doggies are funny with medicine as well. I recently started them on vitamins and they dont like them one bit. The bribing I have to do to get them to take the pills. Anyway, hope your little ones get better soon!

4. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

Thank goodness for goose liver. Soft and easy to put pills in. A touch of beef broth in there food dish does it for me or them I should say. Some of there meds I marinate in pieces of beef, gone as you blink.

2pyrs

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

For future reference you should look into buying some Thornit ear powder. You put a small amount in each each about twice a month. I have been using it on my poodle for probably at least a year now if not more. I recomend it highly. My poo would get an ear infection yearly. She has had no ear problems since.It kills the mites or bacteria that causes ear infections. She does not even get the brown wax that is usually the starting culprit. It can only be bought in the U.K if you want the website you can ask here or send me a private message.
    Also, I have come across a product called Neem oil. You can put it in human shampoo, lotion. It is good for all sorts of skin problems. Kills fungus. They sell nemm at pet-co and in healthfood stores. Unfortunatley I found mine online.
    Get the ears healed up with the vet then as a preventative use the powder.

6. Rene

Rene New Member

thanks for the replies but i forgot to mention the meds. are liquid if it was pills no problem i would put it in a piece of cheese ( i know bad for pups but gets the job done) I had to give my rottie 9 pills a day hide them in cheese no problem.

Puttin: i would love to see the web site because i know Yorkies ALWAYS have ear problems. I do have an ear wash i use but my rottie was so sick i kind of forgot about the yorikes (i know bad mommy) but Nala crossed the rainbow bridge so now i have more time for the yorkies.

thanks again
    Rene

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Like I said this product has been wonderful for us and others that use it for their pets. I was told about it from a women in Italy. I love it.
    www.championpetsonline.co.uk Look for thornit ear powder. I bought two small bottles of it around a year ago. I think one bottle will probably last a few years, just to let you know. Its around 15 or 16 dollars. But well worth it. Other wise you pay for your vet visit and for the meds and a possibly well visit. Maybe a good $60 to $80 depending on how bad it is. I can't say enough good things about it. On that site they have a page that talks about the ear in extent also.

Here is the link to the page on ears. Its a bit hard to find, when you get there.
    www.championpets.freeserve.co.uk/ear.htm

8. Rene

Rene New Member

thanks puttin i will look it up and ask my vet about it anything to prevent them from being sick

Rene

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Vets don't always know about products from around the world. He may tell you he's got something similar and try to get you to buy that. Its up to you.