1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ear infection?

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by heaven, Oct 26, 2004.

1. heaven

heaven New Member

my puppy has been shaking her head alot today like something is either in her ear or it's itchy, that a sign of an ear infection?

we have a vet appointment on wednesday morning, earliest they could get me in

2. Randeehess

Randeehess New Member

Hello, My puppy had a ear infection also. Look in the ear that you think may be infected and if it looks red and there are what looks like bumps in there then its a ear infection. You sorta have to take the ear and really look down in there. If you see stuff in there then I would call the vet again and ask them for a prescription. Sometimes you have to be firm with them. If the ear looks alright then I would wait until the apt and talk to the vet about the problems. Good luck let me know how it goes.

Randee

3. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

It sounds like it might be an ear infection. This is just going off #1 - what I've read, and #2 - how my son has acted when he's had an ear infection. It could also be something like ear mites or something else though. You might call your vet to see if there is something you can give her to relieve her, but without knowing if her ear hurts or is itching, you're probably just better off waiting until the vet appt.

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

it is probably an infection but as others have siad it could be ear mites, or something itn there, usually with an infection teh ear is not pale pink, usually has oder an/or discharge

my panrest dog was shaking her ear, tehy couldnt see anything, ear looked healthy, turns our it had a foxtail in it

good luckl
    honeybear

5. heaven

heaven New Member

vet says ear is slightly red doesn't look like an infection tho

she thinks that because she is an allergy dog it might be her reacting to something in her treats

i have to start giving her natural treats and we'll see if that helps her
    what kinds of treat do you all give your dogs? vet said baby carrots and veggies but i need to find a good natural bisquit..any suggestions?