1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Elliott's trip to the vet

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by faeriedust1127, Jan 15, 2005.

1. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

Well I just got back from the Vet with Elliott (my rat). Please everyone cross your fingers and let's hope he doesn't have heart disease. He's on Baytril for now and the vet gave him a shot of Lasix. I'm trying to stay hopeful, but it isn't looking good :cry:

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Good Luck!

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Oh I hope Elliott is ok and it's not heart disease!

4. nern

nern New Member

Will keep my fingers crossed. Good luck and keep us posted.

5. dude412

dude412 New Member

good luck hope it turns out o.k

6. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

Just a quick update on Elliott...
    He seems to be doing much better since the Lasix shot and the Baytril 2x a day. He still has some heavy breathing, but it's defnitely much dryer sounding now. He seemed so congested before. I'm still worried about his heart tho and the vet said that if he isn't signifcantly better in a week to bring him back for x-rays. The only thing is that if he does have a heart problem, then he will have to be on daily medications for the rest of his life, which may only be a few more months! :cry: It's hard to know what to do. I've raised him from a week old pup and I can't imagine him not being with me in a few months. Please keep him in your thoughts cuz his mommy needs him to hang on for awhile :cry: