1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

empty space needs filling

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by :o)rosie:o), Jan 1, 2006.

1. :o)rosie:o)

:o)rosie:o) New Member

In a short time im going to have an empty 8 gallon tank (i think its 8 gal.. im really not sure as we dont work in gallons but i think its 18-20 litres, can anyone work out how many gallons it might be?) It is currently the tank that my baby guppies live in but they will be out of there within the next two weeks. Are there any breeds of fish that could live in that tank? Btw it has a heater.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

18 - 20 liters is right around 5 gallons.

Here's a few options (with fish I have experience with - there are other options out there, though) :

1 betta/dwarf gourami, 1 oto
    1 betta/dwarf gourami, 1 african dwarf frog (not clawed frog)
    1 b/dg, 3 pygmy cories
    1 b/dg, 3 or 4 neons (may get nippy with a betta's tail)
    1 b/dg, 1 or 2 apple snails
    5 - 6 neons
    1 dwarf frog, 3 - 4 neons
    1 dwarf frog, 1 oto
    1 dwarf frog, 3 - 4 pygmy cories
    2 dwarf frogs (probably won't be a super active tank)
    5 pygmy cories (ditto above)
    2 - 3 otos (ditto again)

-Chelle

3. :o)rosie:o)

:o)rosie:o) New Member

Thanks for your help. I know its only a small tank but Im still trying to achieve an active and interesting environment.

Does this setup sound ok? -

1 Dwarf Gourami, 1 oto and a few neons? how many would be ok?

Ive read that Dwarf Gourami can be pretty aggressive towards neons, have you ever experienced that?

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I think that might be a little too much bioload. I'd leave out the oto and go with 3 or 4 neons.

-Chelle

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i would leave out the neons and go with the oto