1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Episode 5- Heading for Trouble

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge'smom, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

After the humiliation of having mommy un-wedge his head from beneath the back yard gate, our fearless Hunter took a small hiatus from his guarding duties to "re-group" on the back porch. He noticed that mommy had only replaced 2 of the 4 screens that had been "inadverntantly" damaged during one of his heroic escapades. Hmm... she really needed to get busy on that, what did she do all day anyway?

He noticed that the back porch was covered from top to bottom with Hawaiian Luau decorations. Left over from the party his mommy and daddy had last weekend. Didn't his mommy know that those silk hibiscus flowers that cost way too much, could possibly float around to the air conditioner unit and clog it up! Good grief! What would happen to these people if he wasn't here? Deciding that once again he would have to take charge of a potentially dangerous situation, he began to pull the flowers and leis off the walls one by one. Shredding them, naturally, to keep anyone from re-placing them on the walls. What's this? A glass candle lantern? That is a fire hazard! Yikes! That has to go as well. Just a well placed paw swipe later and "CRASH"! It's down.

Thank God he was here to keep this situation from getting out of control! Surveying the scene, he realized that one of the stuffed cushions on a nearby chair looked a little "over" stuffed. That would never do. He had to make sure that chair would not be uncomfortable to his mommy should she want to sit on it. Why would she want dangerous padding? A quick snap of his jaws and the stuffing was free. Who knew it would expand and multiply ALL OVER the porch that way? Looked a little like it was the middle of winter. Intresting nonetheless.

Drowsy with success at yet another mission successfully completed. He barked at the back door for re-entry. Mommy opened the door for him. Why, she looks angry, possibly he missed something. She would be happy once she realized the hazards he had yet agian saved the family from. She just had to realize it. Mommy could sometimes fail to see the superior wisdom of the Hunter's ways. But he was sure she would eventually come around...

Wouldn't she?

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Oh MY!!!! I'm rollinghere at work....getting pages asking me if I'm ok!!! thats just tooo darn funny!

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LOL! Sounds like Mommy needs a refresher course in "puppy-proofing". *ducks* :wink:

4. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Yes, it was a reall hoot when I walked back there to let him in. He was only out there for about 1/2 hour. He is just SOOOO helpful... :shock:

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Bonnie's bed was returned to us from the kennel owner all shredded. She said it was courtesy of Nala, because she had them share a kennel later in the week when the kennel got full. Why she didn't take the bed out is beyond me - I *told* her Nala cannot have a bed in with her during the day. #-o

Fortunately, I had another bed that need some minor repairs (ripping out the destroyed zipper and replacing with velcro) that Bonnie could use.

I do know that "sea of stuffing" look, however. The dogs decided to shred the comforter I keep on the couch to protect it when we were gone extra long one evening a month or so ago. We came home to them standing innocently in a sea of fluff. Luckily it's a really old comforter anyway.

6. GinaH

GinaH New Member

To funny!
    :eek:

7. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

If only I was KIDDING! :?

8. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Oh my, love Sarges antedotes

honeybear

9. Jody

Jody New Member

lmao to funny! :eek:

10. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Poor Sarge!

I've got a great idea on how to curb his "hunting" urges!!!

Get a bumble ball!!! My grandmother got one for harley! It was Hilarious!!!! he ran around it barking and attacking it...it was sooo funny!!!

Of course you can't let him alone with it. He'll chew the little rubber nobs off it....

11. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

My husband was messing around last night with the drill. When he was done working outside, he brought it in and pressed the trigger thingy. The dogs leaped up and started barking at him. It was hysterical. He would turn it off and they stared at him, ears swiveling madly. Then he'd turn it on and they'd dance around and bark. He set it on the floor and walked away. Nala got up the courage to go sniff it. Bonnie wouldn't get closer than a few feet. We were laughing so hard!

12. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

smas- We have a Bumble Ball!!!! I don't put it out around Sarge anymorre because I think he actually believes that the ball is possessed by the Devil! He goes NUTS!

13. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Bumble ball! I think we had one of those for the kids when they were little...

14. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

LOL- too too funny- I'm glad you at least have a sense of humor about the situation- sometimes that's the only way to make it through :mrgreen:
    Speaking of toys that make dogs crazy- has anyone ever tried a lazer pen with your dog? Omigod it makes Cam CRAZY!! At first it was a great exercise tool in the winter months when it was too cold to play outside, but now we don't take it out anymore because it makes Cameron loopy- she gets obsessed with it, and after we put it away she just paces around with this crazed look in her eyes, searching for the "dot" that she will never catch.

15. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I bought one thinking it would be a fun way to exercise Nala indoors, but I was afraid of the obsession thing so I haven't tried it yet. :)