1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

exodons

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by M_wm, Aug 14, 2004.

1. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Has Anyone ever had these? I heard there pretty mean little "Stinkers"...

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Nice fish though. one place said you can even keep then with piranhas and said they are extremely aggressive. Thet also seem to eat other fish.

3. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Also known as Bucktoothed Tetra. I called the pet store near me on this fish and they said "Oh yes, those are the aggressive ones aren't they"? And he checked it on his computer and hes like "Yeah they are rated one of the most aggressive fish in the world". I researched online and found them to be very aggressive killing any other fish they want (examples of what they have killed in aquariums are feeders, cichlids, oscars, and piranhas). Keep them singly or in group of 12 or more as they are cannabalistic often. Other things I learned, their diet is fish, worms, and some except freeze dried shrimp, krill. I'm sure they'd eat whatever you feed em. Minimum tank size is 55 for a school of them or 20 gallon I assume (I am putting my single one in a 30). Breeding is very complicated. The price at my pet store is $9.99 for one (pretty expesnsive if you want a school). They get up to 7 inches in wild, and up to 5 in aquarium. Just search online for them.

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, watch out...these guys can do some damage to your fish.

5. Obelix

Obelix New Member

We had one a long time ago that I'd just about forgotten, their very very vicious... During a christmas party (go figure) someone thought it would be a good pratical joke to drop one in my dads 55 gallon commuinty tank and by the time we got up the next morning it had just about destroyed the tank. I persoanlly dont like them, but alone I assume that they would be alright. Just dont stick your hand in the tank Good luck :y_the_best:

6. OneWolvesDream

but what would happen if you needed to move something in the tank and you couldnt catch it or move it. lol.

7. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Wear Gloves? I just wanted some info i dont think im going to get em. the sound a bit insane :roll:

8. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

they arnt AS bad as they sound, but they still have teeth and attitudes so they need precautions.

9. OneWolvesDream

hmmm teeth and an attitude. lol. i see no reason not to put your hand in there. lol. jk.

10. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

usaully fish with teeth arnt as bad, at least in my expierience...i always put my hand in the tank i had 3 red-belly piranhas in and they never bothered me. i wouldnt suggest trying this though.

11. OneWolvesDream

lol, aww shucks there goes all my fun, i guess it will differ between the fish, what they see as food what they dont.

12. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Im not sure to get these little guys or dempseys! :roll: I know these guys are pretty aggresive=Active right? i wont feed them feeders alot becuz of all the junk that feeders carry around! im still thinkin JD ive liked em for ever

13. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i would say go for the dempseys...i heard oxodens need to be either alone or in schools of at least 12 to get along....and even then there might be some deaths...plus, in my opinion, cichlids have the most personality out of all fish and will interact with the owner.

14. M_wm

M_wm New Member

:y_the_best: A few people have told me to get a pair of SalvinaS? or sumthing?

15. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

anyone have a pic ?

16. tina1

tina1 New Member

17. tina1

tina1 New Member

WOW! Sorry for the huge pic :shock: :lol:

18. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

the looks like a cross breed between firemouth and something esle

19. M_wm