1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

eye cloud - internal bactieria

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by 3_second_memory, Jul 10, 2004.

1. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

my guppy got eye cloud and altho iv tried treating her, it turned to internal bacteria desease and now she is dying, and 2 befroe her died. iv put disease treatments in and melafix, and i do water changes every other day, but its not helping. i have fry in there too, and dont want them to die. my Nitrite, Amnia, oxygen and PH are all fine. whats going on?

Take care,

Amy./ x

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

hey amy,
    thats a hard thing to get rid of at times. the best cures that i know of is melafix, so maybe clear out a tank and have it all set up as a hospital tank, move the fish with eye clowd into that tank so you can treat it seperatly before any other get it.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What is the name of the bacteria medication you've tried? And by internal bacteria infection do you mean popeye? Septicemia?

What are the symptoms?

Although I really love Melafix for helping cuts & torn fins heal, I don't think it has enough antibacterial & antifungal properties to treat a full-blown infection by itself.

-Chelle

4. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

im starting to query that with the melifix also.

i used Interpet anti internal bacteria.

The symptom on my guppy was eye cloud. and that was it, then the day before she died, she ballooned up, scales patrooding and died, she also had a red under belly, like internal bleeding. she ate, but just mainly stayed at the top.

My platy just got the patrooding scales and died about 2weeks after.

5. OneWolvesDream

err, i had once sent an e-mail to melafix's company and asked about their product because it was drugging my platties. turns out when they say dont mix the chemical with another they mean it. that caused my plattie to get many diorders. come to think about it, it didnt help with my nipped fins!

6. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi 3_second_memory, It is possible to get eyeburn from frequent water changes which alter the PH. In this case it does however sound like a bacterial infection with the final stage symptoms you list. Although you state that the Amonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Oxygen levels and PH are all fine, they apparently can not be. It may be that the Reagents you are using to test have gone bad. Best advice is to have the water rechecked by your LFS to find out what is going on in the tank. EVERY problem you have with a tank will ALWAYS come back to water conditions. I am not familiar with the bacterial medication that you have been using, so I can not make any statement with regard to it's effectiveness. While I am not in favor of any advertising here I can say that my personal preference in medications is the Mardel line of medications. I have found them to be effective and the safest line of medications when used as directed. The big plus with the Mardel line is that they are designed so that you can treat for bacterial and parasitic infections at the same time without the usual complications.

7. OneWolvesDream

there is another form of melafix you should try primafix.