1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

FAMOUS FISH

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by 3_second_memory, Jun 15, 2004.

1. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

hiya all,

my boyfriend got me a mini digital camera which i can use asa web cam etc. i have pics of me fish on it and have them saved on the comp and a s a back ground on the comp, but how do i get them on to a post like this so u can oogle my fish (if you want to?)
    THANK S

AMY
    X

2. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

I don't know about yours.. but i got my pictures by right-clicking on its properties, and copy the URL and paste it your personal information.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You have to have the pictures hosted online somewhere.

-Chelle

4. 3_second_memory

ah, i c, well iv launched asecond website so that i could just copy and paste the link.. that should work shoulsnt it.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

It depends on if the site allows outside linking. Most free websites will only let you view images if your are actually on the website (forces you to view their ads). In that case, rather than using the tags, just post the url w/o any tags.

-Chelle

6. 3_second_memory

and in simple terms?

lol

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Most free web sites like Geocities, Tripod, & Angelfire want as many people to view their sites (and the advertisements on their sites) as possible. So if I have some web space on one of those sites with a picture of my fish stored on it, the only way the picture will actually show up is if it's viewed through Geocities/Tripod/Angelfire/etc. If you try viewing the picture from another website (ie Auspet), all you'll get is a red X or some message saying "remote linking is forbidden" or "image hosted on such & such site".

However, if you just post the url of the picture, then people can click the link and actually view the image since they will be seeing it from Geocitie/Tripod/Angelfire/etc.

I hope that makes sense. It's a bit difficult to explain.

-Chelle

8. 3_second_memory

well, so far so good. iv never had problems with people viewing my other site on a SI forum, so allls good.

9. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

hey amy, whats the link again?