1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Faucet drinking

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by vene, Apr 15, 2004.

1. vene

vene New Member

I can't get Rene to stop drinking from the water faucet. A water spray doesn't work. She loves water to extremes. Removing her doesn't work, she jumps right back in the sink. I guess this is typical of her bengal breed. :roll:
    [​IMG]

2. winnie

winnie New Member

If you dont want her drinking from it why dont you turn the water off? Or does she do this when your using it? I dont think its bad...i just dont think most people want cats in there sinks...i dont kow...she is really cute...i have a bengal mix...her name is Tristan...I have to find a home for her though :(

[​IMG]

[/img]

3. vene

vene New Member

She drinks the water when I'm using it or right after I'm done. She'll lick the faucet or drink from the sink's residual water. I think it's cute but I'm worried about her eating bleach residues and catching germs. Sinks are very dirty. So far she hasn't gotten sick so I guess it's ok. I'll take your Tristan any day but I live in NY. She's beautiful! I read your other post. I guess you have no choice but to give up your cats. I know you're doing the best for them.

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Cats like to drink from running water. You can get your cat a pet drinking fountain (small pic below). They vary in style and size. The average cost is about $30 (U.S.A). Some run higher at $60. I think these fountains are great and may keep your kitty from drinking out of the sink.

[​IMG]

5. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I let my cats drink from the bathtub. I have a separate shower so the bathtub rarely gets used so I'm not worried about them drinking up cleaning product residue or shampoo or anything. I'll get a picture of them in the tub today if I remember and post it.

Chessmind - that drinking fountain looks interesting. I'll have to look into it and see if we have them in Canada. One cat doesn't like drinking running water - she just drinks the water around the drain. The other one sticks her face under the water.

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Halaroo. I'm pretty sure they are sold in Canada. If not you can always order them on-line. I posted a message for you about these drinking fountains in another post last night. I can't remember which post though.

7. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I saw it in the other thread, I just didn't have time to respond then... Thanks!

Well, as usual, the cats were not very cooperative at lunch. They were extremely rambunctious and obviously not very thirsty. Here they are at the edge of the tub watching the water drain:

[​IMG]

8. vene

vene New Member

I already thought about getting a water fountain but hubby doesn't like the idea of recycled water even with filters.
    Halaroo, I love your kitties. They are so adorable! My cats do the same too but they never hang out together at the tub.

9. catsky

catsky New Member

Mine too!

My grey/black tabby, Ricky, just loves running water, whether it's coming out of the tub faucet or out of a cup into his water bowl. He drinks right from the tub faucet (and even turned it on himself once). This was contrary to our calico, Pixie, who runs when she sees water. (She doesn't drink as much water as Ricky, either, which was a concern until we moved the food to a different floor and left the ceramic water bowl on the main floor.)

Seeing the pictures of the two cats watching the water drain from the tub made me chuckle. Ricky does the exact same thing. He has never jumped into the kitchen sink, however, thank goodness. He did jump into the tub a couple of weeks ago when my 8-year old son was taking a bath. :eek:

10. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

I suppose he could change out the water daily. It wouldn't take up much more time, than giving them fresh water in a bowl daily.

11. vene

vene New Member

Chessmind I took your advice and bought the Drinkwell fountain, but you already know that from my other post. Thank you as usual for your sound advice!

12. Alkaline

Alkaline New Member

Friskie drank out of the sink when i used it but i always let him drink from it... so i would leave it on and have it on low too for him. that is, of course, until he got taken from someone or ran away which would be pretty unusual cause he would always come back from outside.