1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Feeding a babay rabbit

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by horse_child, Mar 30, 2005.

1. horse_child

horse_child New Member

I have researched diet and nutrition for along time for an adult bunny, but I can't seem to find anything about baby bunnies. So my question is, unlimited pellets or not? hay? treats? salt? I can't find ANYTHING! Thanks

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

I found this that might help. there is some info on feeding baby rabbits. How old are they? Are they wild rescues or pets? Im assuming they are past the bottle feeding/nursing stage. I had a tough time with newborn bunnies a few years ago, I had the same problem trying to find information on the babies. I lost a few to bloating and others, turned out I was supposed to be adding yogurt to their diet (not every feed) but I had talked to a few vets, Fish and Game, pet stores...eventually I got the right info and managed not to lose all of them....the other problem was finding rehabbers for them....not easy.

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/diet.html

Good luck

3. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

If you're talking about really tiny baby bunnies, check with the Department of Natural Resources or a wild life rehab center. You could also check with a rabbit breeder, your county extension service, or 4-H rabbit club. If you mean young bunnies like they sell in pet stores, They're weaned and able to eat commercial rabbit food.

Also note; if you have wild baby bunnies and contact the DNR, the chances are good they won't let you keep them. But if they're wild bunnies, they'd have a better chance at a wild life rehab center. Wild bunnies are very difficult to raise.

4. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Nope they aren't wild, they will be tame. I need one for 4-H and an waiting for the one that i want to get healthy. The breeder still has it. I just didn't want to do anything to it to make it upset since it prolly wouldn't live through it. Thanks for the site Delauk.