1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Feliway. Anyone used this?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by zarate, Feb 2, 2006.

1. zarate

zarate New Member

I have been searching for different things to keep my kitty from using my carpet as his personal bathroom and ran across a product calle Feliway. It's an electronic diffuser. It plugs into a wall and sends a scent throughout the house causing a calming effect (or something like that) I was just wondering if anyone has used it, or if anyone thinks this would actually work. Thanks for any input!

2. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

I've tried the spray Feliway. I sprayed it in every location Copper had peed. It didn't work for us. But I did catch my other cat rubbing her head on the oven door. (the package insert says it's working when you notice your cat rubbing it's head on the sprayed item) I think the problem here is that you aren't supossed to clean the area up with strong chemicals before spraying the Feliway. I've used all kinds of cleaners. I'm surprised I haven't blown up my house yet. :roll:

3. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

If you're trying to get him to stop using a specific area you can try a plastic carpet runner turned upside down. Or double sided sticky tape. They aren't supossed to like those. My Copper didn't mind the carpet runner at all and left a puddle on it. :x I put clear contact paper upside down in a few areas when I'm gone and it works...sometimes.

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I've been working with a woman to help get her Siamese to stop his inappropriate elmination habits. She doesn't really want to give him up so the entire Siamese Rescue group has been trying to help her.
    Here are some of the things suggested to her.
    Thoroughly clean the area with a product like OxiClean then the suggested product to use to get the odor elminated is Zero odor which you can only buy online at this point.
    Even the rescue center suggested it and they have lots of sprayers in their shelter.
    Once you get rid of the odor then you can work on behavior modification, such as using the Feliway diffusers - but you need one for every room the cat goes into, but first you have to get rid of the scent as long as he can smell it he'll continue to use that spot.
    If he's been peeing on bedding then toss it and buy new.

5. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

im going to try the feliway plug in...bc Romeo just wont stop peeing everywhere he wants..he is extremely picky bout his litter box....i have 4 boxes scooped daily...but if its a tad dirty he pees everywhere...

Just moved a box of their toys..and noticed he had pee'd all over the side of my luv seat...which made me upset...mainly bc i paid bout $120 extra to have the sofa's sprayed w/ stain repellant..that worked swell...

6. zarate

zarate New Member

Oh no!! That's no fun finding even *more* urine than expected. That's why I'm almost afraid of hunting down urine. I want to get a blacklight and face my fears tho. Let me know how the plug in thing works. Good luck, and I feel your pain.

7. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

oh gosh a blacklight..dont even want to know...i will let ya know...im getting it as soon as i get my tax check..