1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

female molly chasing male?!?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by ghostcatfishbane, Jul 24, 2004.

1. ghostcatfishbane

ghostcatfishbane New Member

i just got a female molly to go with a nother female to stop the male from chasing her... but now the new female is snipping at the male!!!! is this like reverse pyhscology or sumthin???

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

my platy female would get tired of the male once in awhile and chase him, his fins where badly nipped in the end. But lotsa fish end upo doing that i know my zebra danio female chases my males all the time.

3. fishaddict

fishaddict New Member

I have seen that behavior in my guppies as well...who knows, maybe they just get sick of being chased so intensely and just want some payback! j/k

4. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

dating perhaps?

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I had a female guppy that, after giving birth a few times, would kill the male.

"I'm not getting pregnant again! DIE!"

-Chelle

6. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Jesus chelle :lol: My guppies and mollies tend to do that sometimes, if their ever to badly nipped I treat with a little bit melafix (pond edition as someone said is cheaper)

7. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

HAHA, nice Chelle, & yeah i think we had a post about the pond melafix. i havnt seen any around here though and i still have 1/2 a bottle left.

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

There's a landscaping place here that sells some pond suppiles and that's where I get my pond Melafix. I bought mine about 4 months ago and even with my african cichlids and my 2 oscars that decided they hated eachother, I still have 1/2 a bottle left.

-Chelle