1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Figure 8 puffer... or somthing like that

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Iggystar, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Iggystar

Iggystar New Member

I have somthing along the lines of a figure eight puffer. It has the yellow curvy lines though and i forgot what it was called. But i was wondering what other fish would go good with it? right now he/she is in a 20 gallon aquarium by his/her self. (don't know if it is male or female.. how can you tell) thanks-IggyStar

2. Iggystar

Iggystar New Member

oh yeah. since it can go in either salt or fresh water aquarium i have bugs (that is its name) in my salt water aquarium. Bugs would eat all my other fish in my fresh water aquarium. :?

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You really need to figure out exactly what you have since puffers can range from strictly freshwater to brackish, to strictly saltwater. They also vary greatly in size (from 1 inch to 3 feet).

Can you post a picture?

-Chelle

4. Iggystar

Iggystar New Member

i tried to get a picture of bugs but it turned out very blurry. bugs is only 2in or maybe even 3. But he is very small. he was in brakish water but now he is in salt. (don't worry i made sure he got use to it before i put him in the big tank)

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Does he look like this:
    [​IMG]

Is there some reason you moved him from brackish to full saltwater? Brackish doesn't mean a fish can be in anything from full fresh to full salt. It means that they need some salt, but not necessarily a full saltwater tank. If that is a figure 8 puffer, they can tollerate freshwater, but do much better in slightly brackish water. I would not keep it in a full saltwater tank.

-Chelle