1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

FINAL stocking list. or is it..... dun dun dun

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Just read my "Signature" and it lists what im getting for it.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Personally, I think you should trade the 2 clown loaches in on 2 more cories. Clown loaches, although they grow very slowly, will eventually get WAY too big for a 20 gallon tank and cories prefer to be in groups.

Also, what kind of algae eater? Most get too big for a 20 gallon as well.

Other than that, the stocking sounds fine.

-Chelle

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I second removing the clowns, they get too be for a 20 gallon, i think they get to 6-12 i forget, however, if I were you I would get a bigger tank because clown loaches are very great and amusing fish!

4. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Well i am trying to keep the 1" per gal rule. So i took out the algae eater and replace cory with gourami. I got a good place for the loaches to go if they get to big

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I am also a bit iffy about maintaining your ammonia, nitrates and nitrites with a rainbow shark, blue gourami and 4 black tetras. If I recall correctly, the one inch rule only applies to fish under 3''.

6. Trickster

Trickster New Member

What u mean by "For fish only under 3"" I thought i applys to all fish..... Dont a 5" gourami contribute to the bio load........ (well of course it does) ........ but im confused about wht u said

7. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

I think it only means...

A fish buigger then 3 inches wount fit under the "inch per gallon" rule.

Meaning...

If the fish is 5 inches then it is too big for that rule.

THen you need to talk to chell.

Also it is hard to keep the levals safe in that rule.

Hope it helps!

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Thanks Petz8888 for clairifying what I was trying to say, cause that is what I meant!