1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

finaly!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by fishdude, Jun 25, 2004.

1. fishdude

fishdude New Member

i got my oscars tankmates today. :eek: . 3 silver dollars in a 55g. they sold me one with no right eye, so i called him nelson. he is the smartest silver dollar ive seen.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I hope you plan on getting a larger tank because 55 is going to be too small for an oscar & 3 silver dollars. They can get around 6" so not only will that be too much bioload for a 55, but it's going to be a bit cramped as well. I wouldn't keep silver dollars in anything smaller than a 75 gallon and with an oscar, even that will be pushing it.

-Chelle

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i agree you do need a bigger tank but other then that congratulations!!!

4. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

55g is going to be small when the oscar and silver dollars grow.. By the way, I must say that silver dollars are shoaling fishes.. Perhaps you might want to buy more and also a large tank. Best of luck.

5. fishdude

fishdude New Member

how bigger tank will i need? good thing the pet shope will trade fish and hs a refund policy.

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I would go with a 100 gallon for 1 oscar & 3 silver dollars.

-Chelle

7. fishdude

fishdude New Member

oh no.