1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Finding a friend for my Bun

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by darkrabbit213, Jul 21, 2005.

1. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

My Bunny, Pixy is scheduled to get fixed within the month, so I'm thinking of getting her a pal. But I'm confused as to what sex it should be. A few books I've read say that another female would be the best bet, but other books say that a Male who is older would be better. I'm so confused! Can someone tell me what age and sex I should look for, My Pixy is female and 2 1/2 months.

2. Bente

Bente New Member

3. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

Thank you! Do you have a Bunny?

4. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

i personally would get another female.... i used to raise them when i was younger and have always found out that females get along better together... as for a male i guess maybe but if he isnt fixed early enough he might drive ur lil girl butts trying to hump her...lol

i have a rabbit that is almost 5 months old now(spayed) and went on a hunt for her a friend. i took her to the shelter where my sis in law works and seen how she would do, and who she would get along w/ best and there was this handsome male lop eared rabbit w/ the neatest markings that i really had my heart set on, but when i introdused the two together they were ok, then we put them on the floor together and he went chasing her, by the time we caught them he was on top of her... and was very moody when we had to seperate them... and he was fixed also... but i have did this w/ 2 other males and only 2 outta the 3 went crazy w/ her like that.. she was so mad at me...we ended up finding a sweet female bunny who is 7 months old that we decided we were gonna get and 3 days later when we came to get her someone else had already taken her home.... :oops: so i think i might just wait awhile if i do get her a friend as of right now she is still best friends w/ my cat princess :p

5. Bente

Bente New Member

Yes, I have two actually. One male lop, Basil, who lives in an outdoor cage. He is around one or two years I think. (he had an eye infection when I took this picture, all well now)

[​IMG]

And I have Knøtte (means tiny) he is 10 weeks old, and a mix between a lop and a dwarf. He lives indoor.

[​IMG]

Do you have any pictures of Pixy? :D

6. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

FMGurl, thanks for the info! The same thing actually happened to me recently, I found a 1yr old grayish-brown female who was very laid back and very sweet, she was fixed and everything, I fell in love with her and I was planning to take Pixy to meet her in a couple days, well, she ended up being gone!

Bente, I don't have any pictures of Pixy right now but I'm taking some! Now if I can just get her to hold still! Basil and Knotte are adorable! What is that huge leaf that Knotte is eating? Is that some kind of lettuce?

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

What a cute bunny Bente, anyways, I ditto the who thing about getting a female, I personallly would not risk it with a male.