1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

FIP and Homeopathuc treatments

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by zleach131, Apr 26, 2009.

1. zleach131

zleach131 New Member

I have a 7 month old kitten who was diagnosed a week ago with FIP. The vet said it is incurable and fatal. But we love this little guy sooo much we can't give up on him. I started seeing a homeopathic vet and we have him on a few different treatments. one problem is that Spaz(the kitten) is not eating as much as he used to and i don't know what to do......
    does anyone have any experience with FIP and homeopathic treatments?

HELP!!!!

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

first of all get a 2nd opinion from a vet who isn't connected to your vet. FIP is virtually impossible to diagnose. One of my cats was diagnosed with FIP a few years ago when I had a routine blood test done on her cause she wasn't eating great and my vet gve her a death sentence. It didn't feel right to me and I did a ton of homework on FIP, along with talking to several people in the rescue group I foster for - it just didn't seem right. So I got a 2nd opinion and Tilly's bloodwork came back purrfect. She had a freakin infection that caused her white blood cells to be elevated.
    FIP is untreatable. It starts with a dry form (hardly any symptoms) and then goes to a wet form and at that point there is nothing that can be done except let the cat go to Rainbow Bridge.
    FIP is from the corona virus which all cats have. For some reason some cats are unable to shed this via litterbox details, and end up sick while most healthy cat shed the virus. I believe that's how it goes.
    I would suggest a 2nd opinion and do tons of homework/research on the virus. See if there are any online discussion groups for hints/advice. The best advice comes from people who have dealt with this killer disease with thier cats.

3. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I had a kitten Jynx 6 months of age and she ended up showing signs of FIP at the end side of this horrible disease....... I did the best thing for her as much as it hurt and sent her to the Rainbow Bridge. Where she now will no longer hurt and can be free to run and be the happy bouncy kitten she was before showing signs.
    There are no cures to this disease unfortunately. Sorry to hear about Spaz get your 2nd opinion for sure!!!!!! Some vets do give the wrong diagnoses and give death sentences.
    R.I.P. dear Jynx miss you my sweet little girl..