1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

First Trainer Experience for Venus and Aragorn

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by CockatielCrazy87, Nov 7, 2004.

1. CockatielCrazy87

CockatielCrazy87 New Member

Our Trainer James came out this morning ah he was here at four thirty am and were were out there by five and to tell you the truth I liked him alot he wasent in any of that stupid costume cowboy cloths and was just dressed normal. He told me sicne the horses have barely even been worked with by their formal owner he would work on the basics and jsut work on gaining their trust.

First after I took Aragorn out he went out in Aragorns Paddock and walk over to the middle around a freaking out by now Aragorn and just stood there for a good 40 min just watching Aragorn watch him. Eventually Aragorn walked right up to him and put his head into his chest and James rubbed his earsand put his halter on him. He then led Aragorn around the paddock for a while and it was great because Aragorn walked in perfect sinc with James. He then stopped him and rubbed him all over in all sorts of ways light and nice and rough and hard Aragorn seemed unphased. He spent a good two hours with Aragorn just making him his friend and in the end her brought me in and had me stand in the middle and just never take my eye off Aragorn while James left the ring. It took Aragorn about 20 minutes and come and put his head into my chest and had me rub his ears I led him around the paddock 4 times rubbed him a bit un hooked his lead and he followed me right to the gate and after we were gone he went back to grazing. I felt and still fell amazing about all this :D .

We then went and got Venus. She was quicker to come to James then Aragorn. It took her about a halph hour to come to him. He just led her around and rubbed her down. And then had me do the same with like I did Aragorn. Its been a wonderful morning to tell you the truth. JAmes told me he would be back tomarow to do the same thing and then progress into some general training and get over their phobia of stalls. He also told me this evening if Aragorn or Venus seem in anyway agitated or nervouse not wanting to leave the paddock to just do like we did this morning and then they should trust me enough to lead them into their stalls for the night. Im pretty happy right now and both horses seem alot calmer really Venus was never that nervouse but Aragorn is actually he calmest just kinda lazing around not rushing the gate everytime anouther horse , animal, or person walks by. Im happy with all of this.

2. horse_child

horse_child New Member

:eek: :eek: Wow! congrats on the 1st training success! :eek: :eek:

3. Sara

Sara New Member

Sounds like you have yourself and Awesome trainer who can help you through this and teach you a ton as well!!! I'm a HUGE beleiver in just hanging out with untrained or unworked horses first off and THEN moving on to the fun stuff of getting them saddle and ridden. I'm sure the folks at my own stable are agas and how long it's taken me to ride my own horse.... He's green but I want to make sure he trusts me before we get into anything serious... When I do ride I don't work on much...just a little to help him learn and understand that riding is fun and not too much work... He's young so it works out...but slow is the way to go and if that means sitting in the middle of the arena or pen for a week then so be it... Lots of people and trainers even are impatient and I'm HAPPY you have yourself an NICE calm quiet and patient trainer who works WITH the horse rather than against him... Out here it's hard to find one that isn't a little too gungho!

On a side note... sometimes people dress like cowboys because that's how they've done it for years and years...it's not really a costume for them... It's the same as Breeches and paddock boots for many folks out there... Different strokes for different folks...I hope you don't judge people based on how "cowboyed out" they seem to be dressed...I'm sure you don't but just making sure. One of the best horsemen I know out there is a cowboy through and through...when working with his horses he dresses as he does every day...if it's colder he'll put on a silk scarf thing but everything else is COWBOY... On cattle drives he wears spurs that jingle even... it works for him and he's been this way his whole life... He's not into costumes...but he wears what could be considered a costume of cowboy gear...and he does so for a reason...not looks...

Okay I'm done...LOL

Soo glad to hear all is going so well!!