1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

fish dieng help me

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by lil shant, Jul 29, 2005.

1. lil shant

lil shant New Member

i just did a water change i added a water conditionwer and salt adn most of my fish died

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

How much salt did you add? What kind of salt? What were your water readings befor & after the water change? Any symptoms?

-Chelle

3. lil shant

lil shant New Member

i added two tea spoons of aquarium salt and my water was perdect and now like my bala shark is hecka skinny and my swordtail(that acually lived)_ died and my platy died

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

How big is the tank? What are your actual numbers for those readings? What's the pH of the tap water and the tank water? Did you make sure that the water temperatures were the same? How long after the water change did they start dying?

-Chelle

5. lil shant

lil shant New Member

the ph is 7 and the tank is 10 gallon the temperature was the same and all the fish that i named died before i did a water change and my balla shark which was .5 inches died today i dont know all the reading but the ph

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You should get tests for the other 3 things. What fish are left? How long has the tank been set up?

I'm guessing it has to do with water quality.

-Chelle

7. RobertaSue98

RobertaSue98 New Member

I started my tank....

It has been running for 2 weeks.....almost 3

8. lil shant

lil shant New Member

i few mollies a glass fish a black skirt nad the other things the ammonia was good the nitrate was a lil bit high nitrite was good

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are the actual numbers?

-Chelle

10. lil shant

lil shant New Member

i just got my water checked and it was ammonia 0 nitrtite0 nitrate 0 and he said ur water is great but i dont know y they died

11. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You shouldn't have a nitrAte reading of 0 and the fact that the guy testing it didn't see anything wrong with that makes me believe he doesn't know what he's doing. I strongly recommend getting your own test kits.

-Chelle

12. lil shant

lil shant New Member

yeah well i am getting a test kit but the water seemed perfect after the water change but i still think having the water was bad so i think that is the reason they died