1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Fish for 20 gal. long

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by sakura.seppun, Jul 7, 2005.

1. sakura.seppun

sakura.seppun New Member

I have a 20 gallon Long tank that sits at 78 degrees. I have 2 dwarf gouramis, one mickey mouse platy, and two fire newts.

I would like some suggestions as to what I can add to my tank. I want one bottom feeder, and would like to add at least one more platy to keep my current one happy.

Any other suggestions to types and numbers?

2. Trickster

Trickster New Member

YOur gouramis doing ok togetheR? normaly they aggressive territorial fish and 2 would kill eachother. Sure another platty would be fine. If ur looking into a bottom feeder you could get a oto cat or 3, which are bottom feeders and eat algea. Another good one is a cory cat, they so fun to wath, but like to be in groups and get around 3" while otos get 1.5".

If you have a very fine gravel or sand in ur tank u can put in Kuhlii loaches (excuse spelling) also known as coolie loaches :p . Coolies are like little snakes/eels. They get 4" but are very thin. They NEED to be in groups. 1 or 2 alone will just stay hidden and be very unactive.

In groups they are very playful, always dancing around and often found laying on top of eachother.

There are other bottom feeders, its wut ever tickles ur fancy.

When u say 20 long. wut are the dimensions?

3. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi sakura.seppun, If you like a lot of activity you might try Albino Cories. They are pretty hyper and a lot of fun to watch.

4. sakura.seppun

sakura.seppun New Member

It seems that Corys are a favorite among this group. I just got another mickey mouse platy, one of the white variety this time, and 3 male guppies, for a breeding project.

Yes, my gouramis get along quite well, they are healthy and active, I've had no cases of fin nipping from any of my fish. Though one gourami has made a place on the right of the tank, and the other on the left. They don't mind when the others enter their sides though.

I can't do a loach, I have several VERY small snails, and loaches love eating snails. >.<