1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Fish for breeding.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by 3_second_memory, Jul 29, 2004.

1. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

My boyfriend is curoius to know what fish are available that will breed in captivity, that arent live bearers and can go in a community tank and dont have many breeding requirements. (diff water temp etc)

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

maybe a pair of bettas would breed, i dont know how easy they are to breed though.

3. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

from what ive heard they are a pain to breed

4. tina1

tina1 New Member

Umm.. I gotta think....

Gouramis, pearls are more suited to community settings. Also, lots of cory cats aren't supposed to be hard to breed in community aquariums (need a group of six to eight though). Rams will breed provided they have enough room to make a "territory". Angels will breed... and that's about all I can think of at the moment :lol:

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I'm gonna have to say no on the bettas. Not only are they pretty difficult to breed, you really shouldn't keep a male & female together unless it's during the short period when they are spawning.

-Chelle

6. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Cherry barbs are pretty easy egg layers

7. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

the only fish i would breed would be livebearers and convicts. convicts cannot go in community tanks. maybe u could try angelfish...

8. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

the only fish i would breed would be livebearers and convicts. convicts cannot go in community tanks. maybe u could try angelfish...