1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

fish fungus treatment w/ primafix?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by grnlemonade, Feb 18, 2005.

1. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

looks like one of the 5 young flowerhorn i got a few days ago has a bit of fungus on its tail, but im not sure.....those guys never stop moving in the 80 gallon they are currently in.....i netted him and looked, and there seems to be a little bit of something there.....so, my question is.....can i use prima-fix in the tank wiht the others in there? i want to make sure, b/c if it doesnt end up being fungus i dont want them to get sick....if there isnt any fungus afterall, would primafix at least be helpful to cleanout and make sure there is no diseases? thanks

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Personally, I wouldn't rely solely on Pimafix or Melafix to cure a full blown fungal or bacterial infection (yours actually sounds more like bacterial). That said, if you're not entirely certain it actually is an infection, then starting out with Pimafix or Melafix wouldn't hurt as long as you closely monitor it to see if it gets worse. If anything, they will help prevent an infection. But if it does start getting worse, then I'd switch to a true antibiotic like Maracyn-two.

-Chelle

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

o, ok....i had to fish out of the wate to get a better look, and it seems jsut a spot on the tail fin, no more on any other fish....im hoping to cure that before it spreads or has time to grow...thanks for the reply