1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

fish has brown face...

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Loach, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Loach

Loach New Member

Hi, I'm getting male betta and am wondering, most the bettas at the pet store have this orange and brownish face or fins, What is that? How can it be cured? and Could I put a male betta in with a Dojo Loach

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

It could just be the natural coloring. I had a purple betta that had a beige face.

3. Loach

Loach New Member

it seemed like rot or something else cuz it was a nice blue all the way and then an ugly miscoulered orange

4. gravity

gravity New Member

Both of my bettas also have brownish/beige faces. It's likely a result of breeding efforts to get specific or new colors. I wouldn't worry about it.

5. Loach

Loach New Member

mmk thanks,does anyone know If I could put a dojo loach in with a betta?

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Brown on the edges of the fins could be a sign of ammonia burn (which is very possible if they're kept in little cups). The head being a different color could be the natural coloring. I think it's called a mask, or hood, or something like that (can't remember the exact term). I have one that's blue with a black head and another that's pinkish with a red head.

And the loach would depend on the tank size. Check your PM.

-Chelle