1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Fish names and Tank!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by scooter, Feb 6, 2005.

1. scooter

scooter New Member

Hi everyone! I bought my tank kit yesterday. It is 10 gallons. It includes 10 gallon tank, hood, lights, light bulbs, net, two plants, book, food, exta cartrige, filter, ECT! I picked the names. Andy, Becky, Charlie, Dixie. This is sooooo cool! I am soooo excited. This is my first aquariuam. :eek:

Scooter

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

sounds nice....what kind of fish are gonig in it?

3. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

I got my grandma the same thing.

If you want,scooter you can put in a whole bunch of small tropical fish.
    Thats what I am doing.

REMEMBER TO LEAVE YOUR TANK RUNNING FOR ATLEAST 1 DAY BEFOR ADDING FISH>

RENEMBER START WITH JUST A FEW HARDY FISH.

Good luck scooter!!!

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Actually, it's best to do a complete fishless cycle before adding fish. And that can take a few weeks (but your fish will be a lot less likely to die). Letting the tank run for just a day doesn't really do anything.

-Chelle

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

agree.....they have some chemicals at your LFS that can help speed up the process, but it still will take more then a few days.....if you end up putting fish in right away without the tank being fully cycled, theres a good chance the wawter could get really cloudy and different things such as ammonia could spike and the fish could die.....to keep less work for yourself, let te tank cycle.

6. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

hmmm, come to think of it some LFS will give you some tank water sometimes when your starting off your aquarium....if you have any LFS around, give them a call and ask if you could get a some water form their tanks because you are starting off a new aquarium.

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

The water itself from the LFS won't help much, but established filter media and gravel will.

-Chelle

8. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

oops, yea....if u can, get some filter media.

9. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Im not sure if i cycled my tank properly..I had about 10 feeder commets and i bought some stuff called "Cycle" I ran it like that for 10 days. I didnt loose any fish in that tank to this day but all the fish i added were hardy

10. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i did the same thing but with guppy's and mine is fine too

11. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

If you do cycle with fish, you should check your water parameters every day and do lots of water changes so they don't suffer from ammonia & nitrIte poisoning.

-Chelle