1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

fish puzzle

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Jun 12, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

im puttin 2gether a fish collection for my sis. she just got a new tank and i have gotten it all set. i am lettin her have my 2 painted tetras cause she loves em and i feel bad that i bought them so i dont appreciate them as much so its best for my sis to have them cause she will love them more then i can.

well i was wondering what fish can i put with painted tetras (glass skirt tetras) thanks

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What size is the tank?

-Chelle

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Since tertas are schooling fish why not get some more glass tetra's (unpainted). You could also get some swordtails of cory's (depending on the size of the new tank)

4. OneWolvesDream

its a 10 gal. i know it is way to small and id rather not have them in there, and i do feel bad for them. but what am i going to do. these fish are hardy (well mine are atleast) and my sis is a first time fish owner so they are really under my supervision. we where considering one more unpainted skirt tetra. as for me i am gettin 1 or 2 clown loaches for my 29 gal.

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

I've found that unpainted white skirts are nearly impossible to find. But you could get two or three more black skirts to school with them as they are the same fish; blackskirts are just the normal color whereas the white skirts are albino I think. But they can get quite big for tetras so probably stick to just five or six in the ten gallon.

6. OneWolvesDream

we are going to the store today and im going to be buying about 5 neon tetras and go EVERYWHERE to find a unpainted. i dont want to support the dyeing of fish so i refuse to buy them. are the tetras fin nippers?

7. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

tetra's can be fin nipers.

if your gonna get neons, how bout cardinal?