1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

FISH TANK HEAVEN!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Heather&Nicole, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

So..ive been doing some posting on craigslist.org for aquariums...Now i am getting 4 additional tanks

Im picking up 2 15gallon tanks tomorrow for 20 bucks!!

Next week I haggled and I have to drive a lil bit to get them..but we're getting

1 20gallon with just a filter
    1 30 gallon with stand, hood,light, filter, stones, plants

Both for 75 bucks!

Now we have to figure out what to put in them. Any suggestions?? LOL :y_the_best: :y_the_best:

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

wow! You're doing so good :eek:

Their are so many possibilites really. What sorts of fish do you like best?

3. Heather&Nicole

well in the 30 we were thinkin bout doing cichlids (or dwf cichlids) I know in one of the 15s im makin it a dwf puffer tank

What fish can we put in a 30 and a 20 that are pretty vibrant colorwise

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Where do you get those tanks at such a low price? I wish I had a store like that where I live!

5. Heather&Nicole

I posted that i wanted an aquarium on www.craigslist.org . Just make sure when u go there to select what city/country you are in and then its a free post!

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Oh iight, thanks!

7. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

nice site, thanks heatherandnicole

8. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

Sweet looks like you have caught what most of have multiple tank syndrome
    Thank for the site too
    I am going to try and get more lol

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You could fit a few african cichlids in the 30 (5 or 6 depending on the species).

-Chelle

10. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Not an african expert but wont there be alot fo agression if there is only 5?

11. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Lucky, try turn one into a saltwater and one fresh.

12. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

If you go with 6, that's 5 gallons/fish which is what I had in my 55. Just make sure they're lots of caves and either try to get all females or get 2 spcies, but only 1 male of each species and the rest females (like 2 of each species), or stick with less aggressive species like yellow labs.

-Chelle

13. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, do like chelle said, but if you do half one species and half other, make sure you dont get convicts (if you were thinknig about SA or CA cichlids)